- - - - -

Why did TCU stick the visitor's section in the worst part of the stadium?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 hookemhorns

hookemhorns

Steve Stamp

• Turd
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

This is why UT fans are gonna have to buy your premium seats. I'm torn between sitting with my fanbase and not having seats in some little slice 4 miles up in the worst part of the stadium.

In DKR the visitors section isn't bad at all. I've sat there before and it wasn't a walk to get to and you could see everything pretty well.

Overall I expect your paid seats to be half burnt orange because of this mistake. Do you think TCU will change it in the future or continue to put visitors in such a bad location?  

ULUyUSO.gif

#2 BigPurple87

BigPurple87

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

This is why UT fans are gonna have to buy your premium seats. I'm torn between sitting with my fanbase and not having seats in some little slice 4 miles up in the worst part of the stadium.

In DKR the visitors section isn't bad at all. I've sat there before and it wasn't a walk to get to and you could see everything pretty well.

Overall I expect your paid seats to be half burnt orange because of this mistake. Do you think TCU will change it in the future or continue to put visitors in such a bad location?  

At least our qb isn't a rapist with leprosy

#3 jewstfrogit

jewstfrogit

Kyle Clifton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,619 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

1. You are a frog troll,

or

2. You are an idiot.
  • Big Frog II likes this

"If that's what class is, I don't want to be it."

#4 camfrogg

camfrogg

Lindy Berry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Boo Hoo.

#5 XIIFrog

XIIFrog

Mickey McCarty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

]In DKR the visitors section isn't bad at all. I've sat there before and it wasn't a walk to get to and you could see everything pretty well.

I spent most of the Texas game watching the jumbotron because the visitors seats were so bad. At AGCS most of the visitors sit in a big chunk of the NE end zone, which are great seats, with the rest in the upper NW. Even in the worst part of that section, at least you have a great view of the field! Couldn't see jack at DKR.

_6aae734f8886f84cdcdd65978392eaeb591c6a8

#6 Frog-in-law1995

Frog-in-law1995

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

1. You are a frog troll,

or

2. You are an idiot.

or?
Gimme a bottle of anything and a glazed donut. To go.

#7 SnoSki

SnoSki

Jim Swink

• 20,875 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

OP: I have seats on the second level right on the 50.

I'll sell em to you for $2500 a piece.

We don't rent pigs!

#8 XIIFrog

XIIFrog

Mickey McCarty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

I actually hate that we gave the visitors the set up we did. If the horseshoe was full of purple instead of the visiting sections, that endzone would be the loudest part of the stadium for us. Instead, we put the visitors on either side of it, forcing GP to have to use the south endzone for overtimes. If I had it my way, I'd stick your butts all the way up the southwest corner where you couldn't make a peep.

#9 hookemhorns

hookemhorns

Steve Stamp

• Turd
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

It's near A&M level for visitors. You're supposed to respect the visitor's fans enough to not put them in the WORST part of the stadium. You give them okay seats. But that's it. 

ULUyUSO.gif

#10 XIIFrog

XIIFrog

Mickey McCarty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

It's near A&M level for visitors. You're supposed to respect the visitor's fans enough to not put them in the WORST part of the stadium. You give them okay seats. But that's it. 

UT literally gives visitors the worst section of DKR. You're an idiot.

#11 hookemhorns

hookemhorns

Steve Stamp

• Turd
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

I actually hate that we gave the visitors the set up we did. If the horseshoe was full of purple instead of the visiting sections, that endzone would be the loudest part of the stadium for us. Instead, we put the visitors on either side of it, forcing GP to have to use the south endzone for overtimes. If I had it my way, I'd stick your butts all the way up the southwest corner where you couldn't make a peep.

I spent most of the Texas game watching the jumbotron because the visitors seats were so bad. At AGCS most of the visitors sit in a big chunk of the NE end zone, which are great seats, with the rest in the upper NW. Even in the worst part of that section, at least you have a great view of the field! Couldn't see jack at DKR.

I hate sitting in the horseshoe. I'd rather sit on this side. I've sat there before on the lower part of it and it wasn't bad at all. I don't know where you were at

R5NJjlx.png

OP: I have seats on the second level right on the 50.

I'll sell em to you for $2500 a piece.

hahaha, yeah I'd rather grab those student tickets at 123. I don't know how they're selling those

http://www.stubhub.c...6-2013-4184134/

ULUyUSO.gif

#12 hookemhorns

hookemhorns

Steve Stamp

• Turd
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Worst sections are the ones in the air, I hate having to walk 4 miles to get to those. The ones on the sides aren't bad at all man

ULUyUSO.gif

#13 Despite the odds Frog

Despite the odds Frog

Rags Matthews

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

UT visitor section is the worst in college football. UT puts visitors way up in the nose bleeds except for the opposing team band. UT fans have no room to complain.

gallery_3212_3_45976.gifgallery_3212_3_462347.gifgallery_3212_3_107521.gif

#14 PhormerPhrog

PhormerPhrog

Bob Lilly

• 18,244 posts
  • Interests:Social Security, disability checks, and medicaid.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

I hate sitting in the horseshoe. I'd rather sit on this side. I've sat there before on the lower part of it and it wasn't bad at all. I don't know where you were at

R5NJjlx.png

hahaha, yeah I'd rather grab those student tickets at 123. I don't know how they're selling those

http://www.stubhub.c...6-2013-4184134/

The other visitor's section is in the upper northeast corner of DKR. They are horrible seats. You'll find the seats in the upper northeast corner of ACS much more accomodating.

#15 XIIFrog

XIIFrog

Mickey McCarty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Worst sections are the ones in the air, I hate having to walk 4 miles to get to those. The ones on the sides aren't bad at all man

Y'alls visiting section is half of your little diagram there--the smallest sliver on the very corner. You split the rest of the visiting fans up and put them in the nosebleeds. Agree to disagree I guess. I'd rather have a good view than get a sore neck from trying to see the field and ending up watching the video board to even know whats going on

#16 BigPurple87

BigPurple87

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Maybe your qb shouldn't rape then and we would be nicer to your fans 

#17 Get Your Frogs Up

Get Your Frogs Up

Mike Renfro

• 4,377 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

I went to every away game this year and they all sucked as far as the visitor allotment. One thing I'll give TCU that I thought was terrible about most of the other stadiums (UT, OSU, KU, BU) is that the seats were beyond the endzone but didn't bend back around giving an angled view of the field. WVU's is the only other stadium besides TCU's that angles around to give a view of the field.

To that end, as far as I know, the SEC is the only conference that really mandates respect between the schools. A certain allotment of visitors' seats must be around the 50 behind the visitor side bench. Maybe some other conferences do this, but I'm not aware of it.
Posted Image

#18 hookemhorns

hookemhorns

Steve Stamp

• Turd
  • PipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

The other visitor's section is in the upper northeast corner of DKR. They are horrible seats. You'll find the seats in the upper northeast corner of ACS much more accomodating.

Yeah those are bad then, but I'd rather at least have the option to sit somewhere closer. On second thought your 229 section isn't that bad, I overreacted. But I'd rather have an equivalent section to ours like what would be 239 in yours if it existed.

ULUyUSO.gif

#19 One Horned Frog

One Horned Frog

Lindy Berry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 471 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Is the op kidding? I loved the -15 yard line seats at DKR. Next time ill sit in the upper deck corner. There isn't a bad seat at our stadium your section are great seats. At least you aren't in the upper deck corners like kyle.
  • One Horned Frog likes this

#20 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

^^^This^^^

“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users