FW Weekly: TCU Adds Chick-fil-A, Angers LGBT Community

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#41 SnoSki

SnoSki

Jim Swink

• 21,113 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

The thing is, you can't definitively and authoritatively say that there are other restaurants TCU could've installed that are 100% pro-LGBT. Maybe the Rainbow Lounge?

Do we even know that all of TCU and its administration, donors, board members and regents in all departments are pro-LGBT? 

And why stop at restaurants? Why not talk about clothing manufacturers, office supply stores and auto makers? Do we know that Daimler-Chrysler or Ford Motor Company have never had anyone with (real or perceived) homophobic views?

Are we just assuming that the companies that don't speak publicly on the issue are pro-LGBT?

We don't rent pigs!

#42 Froggy Bottom

Froggy Bottom

James Cash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

The thing that annoys me is that GLBT label any Christian objection to their lifestyle as "homophobic and wrong and full force of the law must be used to prevent them from having this belief"...but tell them that Judaism and Islam object to homosexuality just as much or more than Christianity and all of suddent their liberal moral equivalency kicks into high gear and its "well, thats their culture and religion which we have to respect even if we disagree with it!"

TCUFTFalternatesig_zps97079778.jpg

#43 SnoSki

SnoSki

Jim Swink

• 21,113 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

The thing that annoys me is that GLBT label any Christian objection to their lifestyle as "homophobic and wrong and full force of the law must be used to prevent them from having this belief"...but tell them that Judaism and Islam object to homosexuality just as much or more than Christianity and all of suddent their liberal moral equivalency kicks into high gear and its "well, thats their culture and religion which we have to respect even if we disagree with it!"

Too many people from all walks of life call themselves "tolerant" when the truth is that they only tolerate people who only believe what they do. I'd argue that 99% of people, myself included, are intolerant to many things.

We don't rent pigs!

#44 Rifram09

Rifram09

WC NIX III

• 5,984 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

So, Chick fil a is basically the KKK, Jesus had no problem with people sinning, and as long as a group of people claim persecution, they are right no matter what. Got it.

Oh, boy. We are a nation that has been totally deceived.

#45 MR. TCU (tcumaniac)

MR. TCU (tcumaniac)

Kyle Clifton

• 8,436 posts
  • Interests:TCU football, TCU Baseball, TCU Basketball, TCU Tennis, TCU girls, TCU apparel, TCU hats, and Chocolate labs

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

So, Chick fil a is basically the KKK, Jesus had no problem with people sinning, and as long as a group of people claim persecution, they are right no matter what. Got it.

Oh, boy. We are a nation that has been totally deceived.

That seems to about sum it up.

TCUMANIAC.png

10616156_10203143019325717_6089949560382

#46 MR. TCU (tcumaniac)

MR. TCU (tcumaniac)

Kyle Clifton

• 8,436 posts
  • Interests:TCU football, TCU Baseball, TCU Basketball, TCU Tennis, TCU girls, TCU apparel, TCU hats, and Chocolate labs

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Gay people need to stop being so gay

TCUMANIAC.png

#47 party frog

party frog

Fred Washington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Great PR for Chick Fil A.  I remember lines around the block last time this issue came up.  Pretty much ensurese they are going to sell a lot of sandwiches the first few weeks of school. 

#48 FeistyFrog

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

• Feisty
  • 29,506 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

You know, age might affect the answer to that question.

You know what an 80 year old lesbian tastes like?

Depends

gse_multipart27273.jpg
We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those
responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked
have been sacked.

We are all sailboats on the river of life, and money is the wind. With enough money you can get blown anywhere.

#49 dkfrog

dkfrog

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

The thing is, you can't definitively and authoritatively say that there are other restaurants TCU could've installed that are 100% pro-LGBT. Maybe the Rainbow Lounge?

Do we even know that all of TCU and its administration, donors, board members and regents in all departments are pro-LGBT? 

And why stop at restaurants? Why not talk about clothing manufacturers, office supply stores and auto makers? Do we know that Daimler-Chrysler or Ford Motor Company have never had anyone with (real or perceived) homophobic views?

Are we just assuming that the companies that don't speak publicly on the issue are pro-LGBT?

It has more to do with the actions of the company as an institution than it does about the individual agents/employees. It is known that Chick-fil-a (as an institution and not individuals that work there) has given loads of money and support to anti-LGBT groups. It is one thing for an individual to act a certain way and a completely different thing for a group of individuals that make up an institution to collectively act that way.
  • Lone Frog likes this

#50 Westsider

Westsider

Charles Coody

• 1,447 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Balance the Chic Fil by giving them a In And Out.
  • tcudoc likes this

#51 TopFrog

TopFrog

• Tier 1
  • 95,039 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

It has more to do with the actions of the company as an institution than it does about the individual agents/employees. It is known that Chick-fil-a (as an institution and not individuals that work there) has given loads of money and support to anti-LGBT groups. It is one thing for an individual to act a certain way and a completely different thing for a group of individuals that make up an institution to collectively act that way.

So? What is the point? Corprorations dont and shouldnt give to social, moral or political causes or organizations? Where do you come from?

post-34024-0-74650200-1410700253.jpg

Hey, Dutch! I brought my skates!

"For all of you who think it's always about wins and losses - wrong." -- Gary Patterson

#52 MR. TCU (tcumaniac)

MR. TCU (tcumaniac)

Kyle Clifton

• 8,436 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Lets even things out here a bit...

I believe that the issue is not so much what employees/management said, but the history of funding organizations that are constructed to go against homosexuality (in certain ways). I don't eat at chick-fil-a anymore for similar reasons. And I am a seriously practicing Catholic.

As for the Christian university part, I'm fairly certain that Christ would have fully accepted homosexuals like he did the marginalized ppl of His time. I'm sure that He would love and respect them for who they are bc God made them who they are.

All of that to said, it's pretty stupid to put up a stink about a Chick-fil-a coming to campus. Just don't spend your money there...

End of rant...

Please don't kill me for my liberal views :)

You are very right in your thinking that Christ would love and accept them. You are very wrong if you think Christ would have condoned their homosexual behavior.
  • Atomic Frawg likes this

TCUMANIAC.png

#53 Hughes Your Daddy

Hughes Your Daddy

Andy Dalton

• 2,736 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Maybe if Chick-Fil-A had more weiner shaped foods, or if they decided to swear off serving all meat, they could attract either the gay or lesbian crowd, respectively.

Maybe taking veggie patties and infusing them with meat and pumping them with hormones may get the post-op transgender crowd on board. Everybody wins.

#54 ifrog

ifrog

Mike Renfro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Chick-fil-a is the anti-cow

#55 dweller

dweller

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Horn Frog Football, Sci-Fi Novels, Golf, Baseball, Coaching

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Lets even things out here a bit...

I believe that the issue is not so much what employees/management said, but the history of funding organizations that are constructed to go against homosexuality (in certain ways). I don't eat at chick-fil-a anymore for similar reasons. And I am a seriously practicing Catholic.

As for the Christian university part, I'm fairly certain that Christ would have fully accepted homosexuals like he did the marginalized ppl of His time. I'm sure that He would love and respect them for who they are bc God made them who they are.

All of that to said, it's pretty stupid to put up a stink about a Chick-fil-a coming to campus. Just don't spend your money there...

End of rant...

Please don't kill me for my liberal views :)

Well my daughter (high school senior ) is very supportive of her G/L friends. She works at Chick-fi-a. If a corporate stance offends you, then don't eat there. But I am tired of others trying to force their views on me.  

• GeoFrog likes this
"When you've driven people in Utah to public nudity, there's really not much else to say about how frustrating playing the TCU defense really is." Spencer Hall

#56 Bob

Bob

Andy Dalton

• 2,853 posts
  • Interests:Irish whisky, TCU athletics, my dog, my pickup, local wildlife, women (local or not - wild or not).

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Why bother going to Chick-fil-a when there is a Mom's in Ft. Worth.

#57 Opintel

Opintel

Don Floyd

• Tier 1
  • 6,438 posts
  • Interests:All things Horned Frog.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

I don't care what anyone's sexual preference is, as long as it's with consenting adults.  If I remember correctly, Chick-fi-a is a privately owned company.  The owners of the company can do what they (legally) want to do with their $$$.

I've had friends who are Gay and I respect most of them, but don't try to push me around, it really pisses me off.  Never forget that freedom of choice is part of this entire American Experience (at least in theory)...That said, the LGBT group at TCU looks really stupid and is only hurting themselves on this one.

GIT 'EM FROGGIES!

Posted Image

"The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior." Journey to Ixtlan By Carlos Castaneda

#58 Opintel

Opintel

Don Floyd

• Tier 1
  • 6,438 posts
  • Interests:All things Horned Frog.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Wes - shouldn't this be on the Generally Boored?

GIT 'EM FROGGIES!

Posted Image

"The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior." Journey to Ixtlan By Carlos Castaneda

#59 froglicious

froglicious

WC NIX III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

Actually, it's a fair point. You may choose not to see it as a civil rights issue, but many if not most do.

does chick filet ask customers if they are gay and , if they say yes, management refuses to serve them?

#60 NYC Horned Frog

NYC Horned Frog

Steve Stamp

• 565 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

I have good friends who are gay, I accept them for who they are. I like Chick-fil-a and I eat there every chance I get. My gay friends won't eat there, I get it and I don't care. I'm still gonna eat there, get over it, it's awesome. I like their product and I like they stand behind what they believe in regardless if I agree or not.

The funny thing is the only Chick-fil-a in NYC is tucked away in an NYU Jewish Dorm. I think that's pretty funny.
  • GeoFrog likes this

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users