- - - - -

Big Mac Blog: Preseason football magazine shows much love for Baylor but not TCU

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TopFrog

TopFrog

• Tier 1
  • 92,169 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

Big Mac Blog: Preseason football magazine shows much love for Baylor but not TCU

By Muck Angle

It's not quite the end of May, which is the perfect time to release all of the 2013 college football preseason publications.

That's right - time to guess who is going to get fired, and who will get their butts kicked by Alabama's semi-pro team in the fake national title game.

Of the many fine preseason publications to consume, a personal favorite remains The Sporting News. This is usually about as good as it gets.

The Sporting News is high on Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and Baylor but not so much the TCU Horned Frogs football team. These are the "locals" in TSN's Top 25: ...

Hey, Dutch! I brought my skates!

"For all of you who think it's always about wins and losses - wrong." -- Gary Patterson

#2 Portland Frog

Portland Frog

Dick O'Neal

• 7,302 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

Sigh
frog_walking.gif

A famous football coach and his wife were talking...
Wife: You love football more than me.
Football coach: You're right, wife, but I love you more than baseball and basketball.

#3 Limey Frog

Limey Frog

Andy Dalton

• 2,680 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

Sporting news is rubbish, but not as bad as [big steaming pile].

Did not open link.

#4 BelushiBob

BelushiBob

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

Do y'all realize that KFC constitutes a majority of his readership?

#5 tcudoc

tcudoc

Kyle Clifton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,428 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

I never click on his link.

We're not satisfied until you're not satisfied!

#6 Frog DJ

Frog DJ

WC NIX III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

I'm not questioning your veracity, but how do you know that?

I did a podcast for my radio station's website, and the "hit" numbers were strictly internal and highly confidential.

It's a serious question: How do you know kf.c constitutes a majority of his blog's readership?

Go Frogs!

#7 PurplFrawg

PurplFrawg

Don Floyd

• KMA
  • 6,646 posts
  • Interests:Retired Air Force
    Retired anesthetist

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

I never click on his link.

This

#8 Rifram09

Rifram09

Rags Matthews

• 4,882 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Baylor is going to be good this year.  I bet they'll win more games than they did last year.  Also, they've finished the year on fire the last two years beating teams they have no business beating.  Should make for an interesting outing in November.  

#9 BelushiBob

BelushiBob

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

I'm not questioning your veracity, but how do you know that?

I did a podcast for my radio station's website, and the "hit" numbers were strictly internal and highly confidential.

It's a serious question: How do you know kf.c constitutes a majority of his blog's readership?

Go Frogs!

I made an assumption.   Its as though he read this board, then contested topics appear in his blog two days later.   just following the bread crumbs. 

#10 Opintel

Opintel

WC NIX III

• Tier 1
  • 6,076 posts
  • Interests:All things Horned Frog.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

I have a no click policy - for the gigantic, idiotic, odoriferous Mac Engle.

GIT 'EM FROGGIES!

Posted Image

"The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior." Journey to Ixtlan By Carlos Castaneda

#11 Pure Purple

Pure Purple

Rags Matthews

• KMA
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hmmm...ranked #6 in the Big 12?

Time to start reeducating some of these media hacks.

#12 FBallFan123

FBallFan123

Johnny Vaught

• 1,165 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

David Ubben is high on Baylor as well...he's even talking up their potential on defense.

Glancing at Phil Steele's preseason Big 12 team...he has Byce Petty 1st team QB (Pachall second team).

#13 Burner1

Burner1

Andy Dalton

• 2,171 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

I'm reading through this magazine and think it's excellent. Lots of information and not all fluff pieces where every team is a championship contender. Plus there's a very satisfying article about Mack Brown's job security.

As for some of the things Angle chose not to quote, here's their bottom line on TCU:  "Patterson has said his program will need two years to fully immerse itself in the Big 12. But he might be a year ahead of schedule. With a senior quarterback and the league's best defense, the Horned Frogs could be a factor in the race."

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion- When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing- when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors- when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you- when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice- you may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users