#1 Texas Football

Texas Football

Steve Stamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Interests:Texas Football

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

SO first off I will say that I am very excited. Heres to a new tradition, Thanksgiving with TCU as often as we can have it. I know there is talk of rotating between x teams but I like the idea of Tcu. I was a tcu supporter before yall joined the Big12 and I welcome you to the UT tradition of playing on Thanksgiving. I really have not known anything else but I can tell you it is wonderful to watch the Boys at 12... have Thanksgiving lunch.... and then watch your favorite team and alma matter play at night. I hope that many of yall make it down, or are at least as excited as I am. I wish yall the best of luck but of course I am positive yall will lose :ohmy:. Welcome to the Big12 and I hope you enjoy partaking on the Thanksgiving tradition.

#2 SnoSki

SnoSki

Bob Lilly

• 17,808 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks!

I'm more than happy playing UT every thanksgiving as long as yall make the trip to Amon Carter every other year.

IlaY33j.jpg

www.keepcalmandgaryon.com

We don't rent pigs!

#3 PurplePutt

PurplePutt

Dick O'Neal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'm thinking UT wants that game in Austin every year. Would be a cool tradition to start though. We got Aggies schedule which is probably the only reason it is TCU this year.

#4 Jake102

Jake102

Bob Lilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,838 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Nothing quite like the tradition of TCU v Texas on Thanksgiving. I get excited every year.

1237409.jpg

#5 Texas Football

Texas Football

Steve Stamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'm thinking UT wants that game in Austin every year. Would be a cool tradition to start though. We got Aggies schedule which is probably the only reason it is TCU this year.

I consider myself a decently informed indiviudal among UT football knowledge, and I believe the ideal plan for Belmont is to rotate TCU and Tech at DKR every year so that we get the annual game at home with the two rotating opponents although I would love to play at Amon

#6 geefrogs

geefrogs

Mike Renfro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts
  • Interests:college football.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Looking forward to seeing David Ash choke balls.
  • ChrisTCU and bornpurple like this

lacrosse-jim-brown-bw-spor.jpg

"I'm not interested in trying to work on people's perceptions. I am who I am, and if you don't take the time to learn about that, then your perception is going to be your problem."

#7 Frogs01

Frogs01

James Cash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Can't wait! However, the Cowboys play at 3:00 every Thanksgiving...not 12:00.

#8 Texas Football

Texas Football

Steve Stamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Can't wait! However, the Cowboys play at 3:00 every Thanksgiving...not 12:00.

my bad... im usually too drunk to recognize time

#9 Texas Football

Texas Football

Steve Stamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Looking forward to seeing David Ash choke balls.

most likely he will dissect your D, he is playing light (mating between GDU & Native Frog) out right now. Dont know if you have seen him but the deep ball between him and Mike D right now is a thing of football beauty.

#10 SnoSki

SnoSki

Bob Lilly

• 17,808 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I consider myself a decently informed indiviudal among UT football knowledge, and I believe the ideal plan for Belmont is to rotate TCU and Tech at DKR every year so that we get the annual game at home with the two rotating opponents although I would love to play at Amon

Unlike some, I am totally fine with this. What I wouldn't like is TCU/UT every thanksgiving with the game always at DKR. I know the odds against that are astronomical but I think some fans may have entertained the idea.

IlaY33j.jpg

www.keepcalmandgaryon.com

We don't rent pigs!

#11 Jake102

Jake102

Bob Lilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,838 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

most likely he will dissect your D, he is playing light (mating between GDU & Native Frog) out right now. Dont know if you have seen him but the deep ball between him and Mike D right now is a thing of football beauty.

You should probably go see how #1 WRs have done against Jason Verrett this year. It's not pretty.

1237409.jpg

#12 Texas Football

Texas Football

Steve Stamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

You should probably go see how #1 WRs have done against Jason Verrett this year. It's not pretty.

Well its a good thing we have olympic medalist goodwin opposite him, I dont need to explain shipley II, TEs, and two four star freshman WRs
  • First Tee Frog likes this

#13 geefrogs

geefrogs

Mike Renfro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts
  • Interests:college football.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Probably.

Actually I think you guys win pretty easily.

Our last 3 games have given me little to look forward to other than #95

lacrosse-jim-brown-bw-spor.jpg

"I'm not interested in trying to work on people's perceptions. I am who I am, and if you don't take the time to learn about that, then your perception is going to be your problem."

#14 Texas Football

Texas Football

Steve Stamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

not that I dont think verrett cant get it done bc he is obviously good, the problem teams encounter is the Malcolm brown, Jonathan Gray, Daje Johnson, Dj Monroe Combo, so they have to load the box. No safety help + PA = Mike Davis 10 yards past coverage

#15 Tom Brown

Tom Brown

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Interests:Horned Frog sports, TX Rangers, Chicago Cubs, USMNT Soccer, Collecting Vinyl, Leggy women

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Pretty sure this goof is a second KFF handle. Not worth our time.
Posted Image

#16 Jake102

Jake102

Bob Lilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,838 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Well its a good thing we have olympic medalist goodwin opposite him, I dont need to explain shipley II, TEs, and two four star freshman WRs

That is a good thing. We have TEs also.

We will see how it goes... fortunately for you, if UT just scores 14 points and doesn't let us our defense or ST score, you win!

1237409.jpg

#17 Texas Football

Texas Football

Steve Stamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Dont even know that that means... but no? Im genuiely just trying to talk football with a new rival and team we play this weekend. You may not realize this but what makes message boards so fun is how people from all over can contribute, broadens knowledge and the horizon/scope.

#18 Jake102

Jake102

Bob Lilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,838 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Disagree... this guy actually seems to know what he's talking about and wants to talk football, not the spam that Rainbows was posting.

1237409.jpg

#19 Jake102

Jake102

Bob Lilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,838 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Dont even know that that means... but no? Im genuiely just trying to talk football with a new rival and team we play this weekend. You may not realize this but what makes message boards so fun is how people from all over can contribute, broadens knowledge and the horizon/scope.

I agree with you, but there is a resident Tech fan on here, Rainbows, who is good friends with the owners and has free reign to post whatever he wants... he never posts anything about football, just throws out statistics about enrollment, SOS, wind speed and other [Craig James].

1237409.jpg

#20 PhormerPhrog

PhormerPhrog

Abe Martin

• 15,449 posts
  • Interests:Social Security, disability checks, and medicaid.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Nothing quite like the tradition of TCU v Texas on Thanksgiving. I get excited every year.

But...but...all our students will go home for the break and none of our fans can make it to FW. It will be all burnt orange except for the players, coaches, and showgirls.

KillerFrogs Gear

Directory

The Varsity

We were tired of searching for quality TCU products, so we decided to create place where fans like us could get these products, so The Varsity Fort Worth was born.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users