• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 TopFrog

TopFrog

• Tier 1
  • 93,090 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

More gasoline added to the Tim Tebow-Mark Sanchez controversy in New York

Eric Schmidt is the owner/editor of thepigskinreport.com.

New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan continues to tell the media at every turn that Mark Sanchez will be the starting quarterback in 2012. However, yet another unheralded player has managed to stir the pot during this offseason. Coming off an offseason with Alabama QB Greg McElroy telling stories about how the Jets locker room was operating at a dysfunctional level, another player has added fuel to the fire. WR Jeremy Kerley decided he wanted to get his name in the paper.

After working out with newly acquired QB Tim Tebow, Kerley decided he needed to speak with the media and endorse Tebow. The Texas Christian University product who recorded 29 receptions last season had a glowing endorsement of Tim Tebow after working out with the southpaw signal caller. ...

http://www.thepigski...sy-in-new-york/

post-34024-0-74650200-1410700253.jpg

Hey, Dutch! I brought my skates!

"For all of you who think it's always about wins and losses - wrong." -- Gary Patterson

#2 TopFrog

TopFrog

• Tier 1
  • 93,090 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

I overlooked/missed this Kerley story midweek. Here are some more related links ...

PFT: Jet says Tebow throws harder than Sanchez
Having caught passes from both Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow, Jets receiver Jeremy Kerley says there's a big difference: Tebow throws a lot harder.
MSNBC - Apr 25 10:56am

Kerley: Tebow Has A Lot More Velocity On His Passes Than Does Sanchez
Jeremy Kerley decided to offer his two cents on his starting and backup quarterback, and while he managed to compliment both gunslingers, he did make an interesting observation about who has more zip on his passes.
CBS New York - Apr 25 10:29am

"For all of you who think it's always about wins and losses - wrong." -- Gary Patterson

#3 Boykin4Prez

Boykin4Prez

Bob Lilly

• Tier 1
  • 19,408 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Wow if Tebow can throw harder, Sanchez must throw like a 12 year old. I suspect Kerley is just trying to support his new teammate though.

2tzr.png

#4 TopFrog

TopFrog

• Tier 1
  • 93,090 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

Wow if Tebow can throw harder, Sanchez must throw like a 12 year old. I suspect Kerley is just trying to support his new teammate though.

I have no doubt Tebow can throw harder than Sanchez. Doesn't mean Sanchez doesn't throw hard. Problem with Tebow has not been arm strength but touch, accuracy.

#5 George F. Will

George F. Will

Ki Aldrich

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,866 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

I have no doubt Tebow can throw harder than Sanchez. Doesn't mean Sanchez doesn't throw hard. Problem with Tebow has not been arm strength but touch, accuracy.

This!

Tebowie lacks RPMs not arm strength...in short-passing situtation I could see how that would be very noticible. His problem is throwing motion not his arm.
Low Taxes | Minimal Regulation | Stable Currency

#6 oldscribe

oldscribe

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,210 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

The funny thing is that Kerley may throw harder than either one.....

#7 HFrog1999 (OldFreakNasty)

HFrog1999 (OldFreakNasty)

Ki Aldrich

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,574 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

You are probably right.

#8 Frog DJ

Frog DJ

WC NIX III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

:laugh:

#9 BABYFACE

BABYFACE

Darrell Lester

• 13,261 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

Welcome to what is the NY media. They will adorn one with too many roses and compliments, then go Freddy Kruger on same person for leaving their shoe untied.

#10 PhormerPhrog

PhormerPhrog

Abe Martin

• 17,548 posts
  • Interests:Social Security, disability checks, and medicaid.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Schmidt is a hack! Kerley didn't call a press conference to make these comments. Reporters decided they wanted his name in the paper. This is nothing short of a hit piece and is complete bulsh. It tries to diminish Kerley's claims by attacking his motive. Complete garbage.

#11 BleedNPurple

BleedNPurple

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Might as well get I out in the open now. Kerley would definitely be able to tell the difference in the 2 QB's. They should send Tebow out an let Kerley throw to him.
Opportunity strikes only once in a lifetime! He said that every opportunity he got!
Major Major Major Major - Catch 22

#12 QuilterFrawg

QuilterFrawg

WC NIX III

• 5,335 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

To me Kerley comes across as direct and honest, a rare trait in the NFL. I hope Tebow has a fantastic season (Kerley, too) and the Broncos blow. (I just don't get all the Tebow hate.)

#13 AlohaFrog

AlohaFrog

Jeff Ballard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

To me Kerley comes across as direct and honest, a rare trait in the NFL. I hope Tebow has a fantastic season (Kerley, too) and the Broncos blow. (I just don't get all the Tebow hate.)

Jealousy. Clean cut, good looking guy whose wildly popular with young women. I was sitting at the Macaroni Grill bar one Saturday afternoon when my wife wore me out shopping and struck up a conversation with the couple sitting next to me. The woman worked at a bank and told me all the young women at the bank were in love with Tim Tebow. That's when I finally understood the hatred. Some guys can't stand the idea that a clean-cut Christian makes women swoon.

#14 Jake102

Jake102

Bob Lilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,797 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Jealousy. Clean cut, good looking guy whose wildly popular with young women. I was sitting at the Macaroni Grill bar one Saturday afternoon when my wife wore me out shopping and struck up a conversation with the couple sitting next to me. The woman worked at a bank and told me all the young women at the bank were in love with Tim Tebow. That's when I finally understood the hatred. Some guys can't stand the idea that a clean-cut Christian makes women swoon.

Try again... it's that he sucks [Gary Danielson] at throwing a football and gets more attention than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers put together.

boyikin2_zps8b3ff7a3.jpg

#15 SoonerBredCD

SoonerBredCD

James "Prof" Jacobsen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Try again... it's that he sucks [Gary Danielson] at throwing a football and gets more attention than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers put together.

This is what I think.

#16 cdsfrog

cdsfrog

Jim Swink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,739 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

That's representative of those who are not fans of him or dislike the guy (you, me etc). Anyone who hates him is definitely a bit jealous. I certainly envy the guy from a monetary standpoint, but then again that goes for most football players.

rsz_1tcu_baylor_football_jams_ftw.jpg

#17 TopFrog

TopFrog

• Tier 1
  • 93,090 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

(I just don't get all the Tebow hate.)

Because he openly shows his faith he is an easy target for those who don't share or understand or are afraid of his character and values.

#18 Frognosticator

Frognosticator

Kenneth Davis

• Tier 1
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Then blame the media, not Tebow. Tebow is a stud, and a Christian. Most people who have a problem with that hate him. Its that simple.

Stone free do what I please
Stone free to ride the breeze
Stone free, baby I can't stay
I got to got to got to get away

#19 West Coast Johnny

West Coast Johnny

Kenneth Davis

• 9,255 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

OMG! OMG! OMG! Kerley said a nice thing about his teammate! OMG!

Read my new book - Tribes of Love and Hate - Click Here to buy.   http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MT2EC6A

51BGJmrkphL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

#20 Jake102

Jake102

Bob Lilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,797 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm jealous of every NFL football player.

I hate Tebow because he is god frkin awful, I don't like his style of QB play and is on the news constantly.

boyikin2_zps8b3ff7a3.jpg

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users