• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fnfreebird

fnfreebird

Dick O'Neal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts
  • Interests:Science, Education, Scuba Sports, Boating, fishing, planning.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

In order to hold on to and completely increase their hold on power. Warned you all this was coming.

Obama's Executive Order Authorizes Peacetime Martial Law

http://www.whitehous...es-preparedness

President Barack Obama issued an Executive Order on March 16 giving the White House absolute control over all the country’s natural resources in case of a natural disaster or during a time of war.

In the order, the National Defense Resources Preparedness Order, the President granted to himself the authority to approve the dispensing of all domestic energy, production, transportation, food, and water supplies as he deems necessary to protect national security.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; ">Despite the national defense hurdle that ostensibly must be jumped in order for the order to take effect, the text of the document itself does not limit implementation to a time of war. In fact, the specific sections of the order make it clear that the President can take complete command and control of the country’s natural resources in peacetime, as well.

Read more: http://nation.foxnew...w#ixzz1pafZzFYQ

Just a microcosm of the fantasy of the left and the ends they'll go to to make it seem real!" "The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance." — Albert
And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words. (Dan. 7 v.8)

#2 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

I firmly believe that the left and Obama actually going ahead and using something like this someday would be the biggest mistake they could ever make. Our men and women in uniform wont stand for it..........Of that I have no doubt.

The day the left even as much as attempts something like this..........is the last day they will ever hold any power. Pretty hard to retain power when you are sitting in a military stockade somewhere..............:biggrin:

Truth be told,......from what Ive read,...there are actually quite a few folks who would LIKE to see the left attempt something like this........for the reasons named above.

Unfortunately the left isnt that stupid..........all bark....no bite.
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

#3 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

The military loves Obama SO MUCH that they took their own hard earned cash and donated it to his reelection campaign at record pace. OH WAIT......NO, NO THEY DIDNT.

Posted Image

Looks to me like the military donated their money to Republican candidates by a HUGE margin,...like to the tune of 71% with Ron Paul taking in the Lions share at 51%

Seems to me the troops arent a big fan of big govt overstepping its authority. To say the least. Like I say........Any time the left wants to pull a stunt like that...........be my guest. :wink:
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

#4 The Uniballer

The Uniballer

Darrell Lester

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

http://rt.com/usa/ne...r-national-929/
Although many see this as another power grab by the Obama administration this isn’t the first time that a US president has signed an executive order such as this.
His new motion is just an update to executive orders signed in 1994 by President Clinton, which invoke similar powers in a time of crisis.
Even Clinton’s EO 12919 was an amendment to EO 10789 which was issued by the Eisenhower administration back in 1958.
Therefore lawyers claim that this Executive Order wouldn't grant the president authority he didn't have before signing it.
William A. Jacobson, an associate clinical professor at Cornell Law School said to WND.com, “If someone wants to make the argument that this is an expansion of presidential powers, then do so based on actual language.”
“There is enough that Obama actually does wrong without creating claims which do not hold up to scrutiny,” Jacobson added.

#5 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

http://rt.com/usa/ne...r-national-929/
Although many see this as another power grab by the Obama administration this isn't the first time that a US president has signed an executive order such as this.
His new motion is just an update to executive orders signed in 1994 by President Clinton, which invoke similar powers in a time of crisis.
Even Clinton's EO 12919 was an amendment to EO 10789 which was issued by the Eisenhower administration back in 1958.
Therefore lawyers claim that this Executive Order wouldn't grant the president authority he didn't have before signing it.
William A. Jacobson, an associate clinical professor at Cornell Law School said to WND.com, "If someone wants to make the argument that this is an expansion of presidential powers, then do so based on actual language."
"There is enough that Obama actually does wrong without creating claims which do not hold up to scrutiny," Jacobson added.

And like I say.........they dont have the sack for it. Not when they KNOW it would mean their own destruction.

Thomas Jefferson

#6 RSF

RSF

Semi-Omnipotent Being

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,923 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

“There is enough that Obama actually does wrong without creating claims which do not hold up to scrutiny,” Jacobson added.

That would pretty much eliminate fnfreebird's reason for existence......
Words to live by......an ongoing concern......

Vulgarity is like art - everybody thinks they know what it is, yet nobody can agree on what it is.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...no matter how off-base it is.

#7 burford

burford

Kyle Clifton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,283 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yep Whiskey, I agree. But we have occasionally wondered what national emergency the messiah would initiate if he thought he was going to lose the election. I prefer to be prepared rather than sit around saying "oh, that will NEVER happen here." Maybe not, but I am headed down to Cheaper Than Dirt (gun and ammo shop in Fort Worth) later this week, and re-stock some of my ammo. I squeezed off a few rounds several weeks ago and am a bit low. Might even buy another gun just to keep in next to my workbench in the garage. Given the desire to brainwash the American people on the evils of guns, one must always be prepared.

#8 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Yep Whiskey, I agree. But we have occasionally wondered what national emergency the messiah would initiate if he thought he was going to lose the election. I prefer to be prepared rather than sit around saying "oh, that will NEVER happen here." Maybe not, but I am headed down to Cheaper Than Dirt (gun and ammo shop in Fort Worth) later this week, and re-stock some of my ammo. I squeezed off a few rounds several weeks ago and am a bit low. Might even buy another gun just to keep in next to my workbench in the garage. Given the desire to brainwash the American people on the evils of guns, one must always be prepared.

Pretty reasonable on your part Burf. Just saying.........if the left ever really did attempt to pull a power grab of that kind...........pretty sure it wouldnt end well for them. At all. They know this too.

Thomas Jefferson

#9 burford

burford

Kyle Clifton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,283 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Pretty reasonable on your part Burf. Just saying.........if the left ever really did attempt to pull a power grab of that kind...........pretty sure it wouldnt end well for them. At all. They know this too.

They do, and I want to be prepared to do my part. If he gets in, bet you doughnut next time you are in town that serious gun control starts getting pushed within 18 months....and it will be an effort the circumvents Congress, like almost everything this dictator tries.

#10 fnfreebird

fnfreebird

Dick O'Neal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts
  • Interests:Science, Education, Scuba Sports, Boating, fishing, planning.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

You won't find any re-imported M1's down there since Obama outlawed them also by Executive order.
A very dependable gun. A very undependable government.

Just a microcosm of the fantasy of the left and the ends they'll go to to make it seem real!" "The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance." — Albert
And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words. (Dan. 7 v.8)

#11 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

They do, and I want to be prepared to do my part. If he gets in, bet you doughnut next time you are in town that serious gun control starts getting pushed within 18 months....and it will be an effort the circumvents Congress, like almost everything this dictator tries.

Good luck with all that if he tries....LOL I have a feeling Texas is much like up here and most other rural areas. Up here every tom ,[Gary Danielson] ,and Harry each owns not one, but multiple guns. Our rights shall not be infringed.

Thomas Jefferson

#12 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

Truthfully Burf.........If his poll numbers continue to slide, and I think they will, Im betting he tries to pull off something HUGE. Some type of engineered crisis that will keep him in office. Either by putting off the elections or by getting involved in Iran and expanding the war into something alot bigger then it needs to be because he knows people generally dont like to switch Presidents in times of war.

Im thinking number 2...........think hes way too chickensheet to put the elections off because he KNOWS the American people would never stand for it in a million years.

Thomas Jefferson

#13 burford

burford

Kyle Clifton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,283 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

Man, Whiskey, you will get no bets from me otherwise. The timing of that executive order is rather queer.

#14 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Man, Whiskey, you will get no bets from me otherwise. The timing of that executive order is rather queer.

Sure is.

Thing is.........this country and world for that matter, has been thru and handled things alot more severe than this azzzclown who currently sits in D.C. This too will pass. In the end, as we all know,.........Good triumphs over evil. Not saying there wont be a whole lot of suffering, but in the end.....WE WIN.

This is the reason I dont sweat clowns like him. Its like going into a big football game when you already KNOW the final score. GOODGUYS 50 - Badguys 0.

No need for us to be troubled,.........we already KNOW the score, and we already KNOW were on the winning team. Azzzclowns like him WANT to bring out fear in people because they know fear clouds peoples judgement. Its our job to see that doesnt happen.

I call him what he is.........A CLOWN. No need to fear a clown.

Thomas Jefferson

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users