396 replies to this topic

#1 IronSkillet

IronSkillet

Jon Drummond

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

This guy seemed harmless enough until he started winning things. I've got to say, now that he's getting more exposure in the media I've gotten progressively more disgusted with him. His platform seems to be built almost entirely on anti-Obama angst and the few policies I've heard him suggest are either the absolute opposite of what I personally support or completely hare-brained. His closed minded attitude toward homosexuality and the role of religious faith in government are at worst bigoted and at best completely unrealistic and ignorant of modern America.

His suggestion that Obama is a "snob" for wanting all Americans to get higher education would be easier to swallow if I thought he was just trying to score political points but I'm afraid he might actually be serious. Unbelievable.

This guy's sensibility is totally appropriate for a presidential candidate... in 1958.
Posted Image

#2 SFA Frog

SFA Frog

Abe Martin

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,920 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

It is not my place to judge but I think of this when I think of people like Santorum:

True and False Prophets

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Posted Image

"Duty then is the most sublime word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less." - Robert E. Lee

#3 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

This guy seemed harmless enough until he started winning things. I've got to say, now that he's getting more exposure in the media I've gotten progressively more disgusted with him. His platform seems to be built almost entirely on anti-Obama angst and the few policies I've heard him suggest are either the absolute opposite of what I personally support or completely hare-brained. His closed minded attitude toward homosexuality and the role of religious faith in government are at worst bigoted and at best completely unrealistic and ignorant of modern America. ....

Oh, I can one up those statements...How about being raped can give you a "gift from God"? I don't know why he doesn't consider the possibility that being raped can give you a gift not from God but from Satan.
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#4 frogtwang

frogtwang

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

nm
He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.

#5 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

True and False Prophets

15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

True and False Disciples

21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

I wonder what the Lord thinks of people who PROMOTE infanticide like Obama did/does ?

Alot of times in life, its NOT what a man says.........but what he DOES.
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

#6 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

I wonder what the Lord thinks of people who PROMOTE infanticide like Obama did/does ?

Alot of times in life, its NOT what a man says.........but what he DOES.

What he DOES? You have evidence that Obama has killed an infant?
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
--Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons

#7 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

What he DOES? You have evidence that Obama has killed an infant?

No. But I do have evidence that he DID support infanticide. He voted FOR it. His hands are bloody. Well. no, not actually,...........he's way to chickensheet to do it himself, instead he just votes to give others the right to do it.

Wonder what the Lord would think about Obama's support for killing children? Something tells me..........he wouldnt like it,.....AT ALL. :wink:
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

#8 SFA Frog

SFA Frog

Abe Martin

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,920 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

Obama has never tried to make himself out to be a die hard Christian.

Posted Image

"Duty then is the most sublime word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less." - Robert E. Lee

#9 frogtwang

frogtwang

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

Wonder what the Lord would think about Obama's support for killing children? Something tells me..........he wouldnt like it,.....AT ALL. :wink:

That's for him to decide. Not you or I.
He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.

#10 fnfreebird

fnfreebird

Dick O'Neal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts
  • Interests:Science, Education, Scuba Sports, Boating, fishing, planning.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

This guy's sensibility is totally appropriate for a presidential candidate... in 1958.

and what...

Obama is just right for what....running for office in Venezuela in 2012?

Just a microcosm of the fantasy of the left and the ends they'll go to to make it seem real!" "The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance." — Albert
And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words. (Dan. 7 v.8)

#11 pcf

pcf

Dutch Meyer

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,592 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

No. But I do have evidence that he DID support infanticide. He voted FOR it. His hands are bloody. Well. no, not actually,...........he's way to chickensheet to do it himself, instead he just votes to give others the right to do it.

Do you think God likes your slander?

#12 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

Do you think God likes your slander?

Torquemada taught God liked torture and murder. Surely, then, God has no great problem with a little slander.

And religion was certainly "in the public square" then!

Posted Image
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#13 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

That's for him to decide. Not you or I.

Yet the teachings of Jesus are VERY clear when it comes to the mistreatment of children,....to say nothing of actually KILLING them.

Thomas Jefferson

#14 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

So lemme get this straight...........and this is coming from someone who isnt even a big Rick Santorum fan. Mr Santorum opening talking about his faith= TOTALLY NUTS

Mr Obama voting for INFANTICIDE= Perfectly A O.K, Not a thing in the world wrong with it. :rolleyes:

No wonder this country and world is in such turmoil. Whats right is now wrong, and whats wrong is now right.

Thomas Jefferson

#15 frogtwang

frogtwang

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

Yet the teaching of Jesus are VERY clear when it comes to the mistreatment of children,....to say nothing of actually KILLING them.

Doesn't change who has final say on whatever sort judgement day there is(if there is one) Again, that's not up to you or I.

If there is a god upstairs I would hope that he's rational and able to tell what's in people's hearts when they make their decisions and casts judgement accordingly.

#16 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

If there is a god upstairs I would hope that he's rational and able to tell what's in people's hearts when they make their decisions and casts judgement accordingly.

Still doesnt quite cut the mustard. What good could possibly be in someones heart when it comes to promoting the murder of children ? Children that were already born and luckily survived the abortionists attempt at killing them.

So you really believe that there was a good motive in Obama's heart when he voted to support infanticide? GET REAL and quit attempting to defend something that you KNOW is indefensible. At least be somewhat honest about it..........

Thomas Jefferson

#17 frogtwang

frogtwang

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

Still doesnt quite cut the mustard. What good could possibly be in someones heart when it comes to promoting the murder of children ? Children that were already born and luckily survived the abortionists attempt at killing them.

So you really believe that there was a good motive in Obama's heart when he voted to support infanticide? GET REAL and quit attempting to defend something that you KNOW is indefensible. At least be somewhat honest about it..........

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm not defending what happened.

#18 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

I'm confused because you said it doesn't matter what a man says, it's what a man DOES and yet infanticide isn't something you claim Obama has done. So it is an odd argument in this case. For the record I think it matters both what people say and do.
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
--Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons

#19 fnfreebird

fnfreebird

Dick O'Neal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts
  • Interests:Science, Education, Scuba Sports, Boating, fishing, planning.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

Doesn't change who has final say on whatever sort judgement day there is(if there is one) Again, that's not up to you or I.

Not up to us....WRONG

"All that is required for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing”

And God is spelled with a capital 'G' ....please don't tread on our (Koran).
You know how upset we would be if it was our potus' faith we were talking about.

BTW

Q: If the Iranians are putting people to death who converted from Islam to Christianity .... did potus ever actually convert??

How could he ever engage in any meaning dialogue with them if they viewed him as the infidel.
Just a microcosm of the fantasy of the left and the ends they'll go to to make it seem real!" "The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance." — Albert
And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words. (Dan. 7 v.8)

#20 Spike

Spike

Kenneth Davis

• 9,046 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

I'm confused because you said it doesn't matter what a man says, it's what a man DOES and yet infanticide isn't something you claim Obama has done. So it is an odd argument in this case. For the record I think it matters both what people say and do.

Saying abortion is ok is one thing. Voting for it is another altogether.
Remember the 5!

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users