46 replies to this topic

#1 Merch Frog

Merch Frog

Andy Dalton

• Turd
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

So I heard from a TCU employee yesterday (a relative of mine) that CVB apparently got serious about putting an end to alcohol on campus. So much so, he sent a memo to TCU staff telling them that if they are at a restaurant or bar, and they are drinking alcohol and see a student walk in, they are to cease drinking alcohol (or leave the establishment).

Seriously? How in the hell would a TCU employee know if a student walks in?

After hearing this - and the media production from this week - I'm starting to think we have a VERY paranoid chancellor.

#2 My Buddy Steve

My Buddy Steve

Charles Coody

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Get now we are ACU.

tumblr_mgr4wj893k1qedb29o1_500.gif

#3 Hunt Together

Hunt Together

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

1st sentence is true. No idea about the rest of it, but I do know that things have been getting stricter in the last 2-3 years.

#4 jugbandfrog

jugbandfrog

Don Floyd

• 6,604 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

1st sentence is true. No idea about the rest of it, but I do know that things have been getting stricter in the last 2-3 years.

Is this why they won't let us tailgate earlier?! Boooo!!

I hope it wasn't the daughter I am thinking of. Kid had her head on straight when she was in HS. She would work in my program and seemed very unlike the other kids around her at the time.

giphy.gif

#5 Hunt Together

Hunt Together

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Is this why they won't let us tailgate earlier?! Boooo!!

I hope it wasn't the daughter I am thinking of. Kid had her head on straight when she was in HS. She would work in my program and seemed very unlike the other kids around her at the time.

Nope, tailgate ban happened first. Could be why we haven't been able to get them back though.

#6 geno

geno

Charles Coody

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Have we come to this, that we now will identify the Chancellor's daughter as a drunk? With discussions like this going on here, our enemies don't need to exploit this story. We are doing it for them.

#7 froginaustin

froginaustin

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,477 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

If the Chancellor is going all Carrie Nation on us, it helps to have a little background.

Posted Image
"Fatigue makes cowards of us all."
-- Attributed to Coach Vince Lombardi, quoting Hannibal

#8 Vlade Divac

Vlade Divac

Charles Coody

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Can you get weed poisoning?

#9 froginaustin

froginaustin

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,477 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Can you get weed poisoning?

Hell, yes. It's called paraquot (doubt I spelled it right). It's that nasty biocide that's sprayed on growing hemp plants south of the border in a futile, silly attempt to cut down on the worldwide marijuana crop.
"Fatigue makes cowards of us all."
-- Attributed to Coach Vince Lombardi, quoting Hannibal

#10 roddog

roddog

Kenneth Davis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Have we come to this, that we now will identify the Chancellor's daughter as a drunk? With discussions like this going on here, our enemies don't need to exploit this story. We are doing it for them.

i wouldnt worry about that, anybody exploiting someone with an drug or alcohol problem is a piece of crap anyway, neither is a laughing manner, im sure some of these kids are under extreme pressure but it seems that tcu is doing something positive about it!
Posted Image
Arguing with Bonner is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, he's going to come crashing in, knocking over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like he's victorious. - Westsider

#11 Dogfrog

Dogfrog

Kenneth Davis

• 10,674 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for tossing a sanity preserver. I am real disgusted with this board. The near lunatic reaction here is much more embarrassing than the drug arrests.

#12 AEAfrog

AEAfrog

Mike Renfro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

+10000000000

#13 Frog Wild

Frog Wild

J.J. Henry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

So I heard from a TCU employee yesterday (a relative of mine) who said that CVB's daughter had alcohol poisoning while at TCU. Shortly after, he apparently got serious about putting an end to alcohol on campus. So much so, he sent a memo to TCU staff telling them that if they are at a restaurant or bar, and they are drinking alcohol and see a student walk in, they are to cease drinking alcohol (or leave the establishment).

Not true. No memo, no e-mail.

#14 Merch Frog

Merch Frog

Andy Dalton

• Turd
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

You know, I gotta say, I didn't even think of it that way. I was just repeating the story. I didn't think I was throwing anyone under the bus. Never crossed my mind.

My original post has been edited. My apologies.

(Of course, now the replies have the original post in it. Moderators, if you want to delete thread, go ahead. My bad...wasn't thinking after a 15 hour day at work).

#15 Merch Frog

Merch Frog

Andy Dalton

• Turd
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

Not true. No memo, no e-mail.

Is true. Saw it with my own eyes.

#16 Vlade Divac

Vlade Divac

Charles Coody

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hell, yes. It's called paraquot (doubt I spelled it right). It's that nasty biocide that's sprayed on growing hemp plants south of the border in a futile, silly attempt to cut down on the worldwide marijuana crop.

So you get sick from the crap the people spray on it to kill it? You think we'd have people trying to kill if it they were making huge margins and the tax dollars were rolling in?

No. So again, can you get weed poisoning?

#17 roddog

roddog

Kenneth Davis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

No. So again, can you get weed poisoning?

im sure if its laced with something, but if its natural weed i dont think you can od on it, the worst id ever get back in the day was a serious lazy crazy eye
Posted Image
Arguing with Bonner is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, he's going to come crashing in, knocking over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like he's victorious. - Westsider

#18 roddog

roddog

Kenneth Davis

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Is true. Saw it with my own eyes.

if you saw it you dont have to be apologize about it, its not that bad of a memo, it was a bit of overreaction but who can blame him, any father would feel like he did
Posted Image

#19 Merch Frog

Merch Frog

Andy Dalton

• Turd
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

if you saw it you dont have to be apologize about it, its not that bad of a memo, it was a bit of overreaction but who can blame him, any father would feel like he did

I was apologizing for mentioning his daughter. Wasn't necessary to add that part - and certainly wasn't in the memo. It was just something that was fairly well known on campus at the time.

#20 Vlade Divac

Vlade Divac

Charles Coody

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

im sure if its laced with something, but if its natural weed i dont think you can od on it, the worst id ever get back in the day was a serious lazy crazy eye

You're exactly right. And that's funny.

See, the topic of weed has cured Rainbows of whatever it is that forces him to annoy us so much. Legalize it.

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users