35 replies to this topic

#1 mgsouthpaw

mgsouthpaw

Tracy Simien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

i wonder which one said that they didn't want to come to tcu because of the drugs...glad someone said something...kid was right to speak up

#2 jewstfrogit

jewstfrogit

Don Floyd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

this is unimportant, and i hope nobody adds fuel to the fire by speculating and potentially harming the kid

"If that's what class is, I don't want to be it."

#3 smufrogger

smufrogger

Jeff Newman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

Kudos to the kid! I don't see how it's harming...props to him

#4 Punter1

Punter1

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I actually think its an awesome question. Good for the kid. And screw the a-hole drug dealing players and students who have brought shame to TCU.

#5 Frog-in-law1995

Frog-in-law1995

Kyle Clifton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Kudos to the kid! I don't see how it's harming...props to him

This. Besides, I thought the name was already public. Maybe I just read a rumor...so I won't post it.
Gimme a bottle of anything and a glazed donut. To go.

#6 Mistletoad

Mistletoad

Rags Matthews

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

i wonder which one said that they didn't want to come to tcu because of the drugs...glad someone said something...kid was right to speak up

If it was a recruit that did blow the whistle... then it may suggest why we may have lost some recruits. He did the program a favor, in the long run, and now GP can start rebuilding the pyramid with those focused on being scholar athletes.... though I did wear out a few bongs in my day, 40 years ago...

Cheers !

#7 SuperToad

SuperToad

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

I had some weird hunch it was Colin Blake. Simply because he was on a TCU high for a while, then completely drops TCU and verbally commits to FSU. Seemed like a great kid with his head on right, and didnt like the supposed "drug use" going on. Just my 2 cents.
Posted Image

#8 JurisFrog

JurisFrog

Jeff Newman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

I think the recruit did us a favor.

#9 sandiegojack

sandiegojack

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

The investigation has been going on for six months. So the arrests would have taken place whether the recruit came forward or not.
Jack Swanson

#10 4th. down

4th. down

Lindy Berry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

The investigation has been going on for six months. So the arrests would have taken place whether the recruit came forward or not.

Something is amiss here - investigation going on for 6 mos. Top recruit backs out the last week of recruiting, GP calls for surprise drug test on the national signing date and about a week later this all blows-up? If so many alleged players tested positive on national signing date why didn't the coaches click to something that is, was, out of control? Certainly one player, in confidence, would or could have told GP who the dealers were and we could have possibly cut our losses. A big piece of the puzzle has not yet surfaced and maybe never will. This news is all over the Houston TV market, CNN and ESPN - cannot believe the Big 4 were so stupid - one thing to smoke some weed, another to be dealing.

#11 KTown Frog

KTown Frog

Tracy Simien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Not condoning drug use at all but again, if the recruit doesn't want to come here for that reason he's in for a shock wherever he landed. It's everywhere, only problem for us is he was probably exposed to drugs while he was here. Where as he might not have been exposed at the other school.

#12 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

Not condoning drug use at all but again, if the recruit doesn't want to come here for that reason he's in for a shock wherever he landed. ...

FSU has no players using marijuana???? I highly doubt that but that's just a guess.

Dealing, of course, is the greater issue.
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#13 froglicious

froglicious

WC NIX III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

They said it was a verbal commitment IIRC that decided agains. Would leave Shock or Pope. Daje left because of his love of all things longhorn.

#14 NativeFrog

NativeFrog

Mike Renfro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

If story is true, the recruit should be given an honorary scholarship for waking up a sleeping coach.

#15 ArgyleFrog2010

ArgyleFrog2010

Darrell Lester

• 13,515 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

If story is true, the recruit should be given an honorary scholarship for waking up a sleeping coach.

yea, because GP had no earthly clue that his players may be smoking a little weed....

give me a break
B450FCA5-FE5A-4681-9EAF-EA9C94F73DE9-353

#16 AtlantaFrogFan

AtlantaFrogFan

Kurt Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

I think it might have been a certain four star recruit who was committed for the longest time and then switched to am last second. Whoever it was I I think helped our program out in the long run.

#17 Dman890

Dman890

Jon Drummond

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

Pope
Posted Image

#18 George F. Will

George F. Will

Ki Aldrich

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,866 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

FSU has no players using marijuana???? I highly doubt that but that's just a guess.

+1
Low Taxes | Minimal Regulation | Stable Currency

#19 George F. Will

George F. Will

Ki Aldrich

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,866 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

6-4-3
Low Taxes | Minimal Regulation | Stable Currency

#20 Fender

Fender

Fred Washington

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

Its got to be Pope. He called TCU his dream school and suddenly starts looking around. Plus he has a good source with his brother Jason Teague.

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users