71 replies to this topic

#21 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

. But on a related point, it is kinda funny around here when you libs don't have an intelligent point to make. That is your standard response. We see it as code for "dang it! they got us again; guess all we can do now is talk about irony." :wink:

Of all the unintentionally funny things you guys say around here, the fact that you think people like RSF, SFA, Uniballer, purpledawg and Hfrog71 are "libs" strikes me as the funniest.
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
--Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons

#22 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

NFF, is Newf offensive, too?

No. They're cute little puppies.
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#23 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Do unto others, only if they do unto you first.
Nevermind the fact that NFF wasn't disrespectful.

You clearly haven't read many of his posts then.
“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

#24 RSF

RSF

Semi-Omnipotent Being

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,923 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

(See, humor is pretty neat when you don't get yours in a wad). But on a related point, it is kinda funny around here when you libs don't have an intelligent point to make. That is your standard response. We see it as code for "dang it! they got us again; guess all we can do now is talk about irony." :wink:

Which tells me, once again, you have no bloody idea what just happened. And telling somebody to go take a dump sure is intelligent.

But I can go with 'accuse the accuser', if that's easier for you to understand. I'm flexible.
Words to live by......an ongoing concern......

Vulgarity is like art - everybody thinks they know what it is, yet nobody can agree on what it is.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...no matter how off-base it is.

#25 pcf

pcf

Dutch Meyer

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,592 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

By the working definition of libs around here, they are libs.

#26 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Of all the unintentionally funny things you guys say around here, the fact that you think people like RSF, SFA, Uniballer, purpledawg and Hfrog71 are "libs" strikes me as the funniest.

The fact there are lots of liberals here who don't think they are liberal is even funnier.
“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

#27 pcf

pcf

Dutch Meyer

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,592 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

The fact there are lots of liberals here who don't think they are liberal is even funnier.

As I liberal, I find it funnier how conservative is redefined on here.

#28 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

As I liberal, I find it funnier how conservative is redefined on here.

Just curious. How is a conservative 'redefined' here? At least you admit you are a liberal. Seriously, I can respect that. But I can't respect those who run and hide from it.

#29 gohornedfrogs

gohornedfrogs

Abe Martin

• Tier 1
  • 17,120 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Wait a darn second. You left out the only "guy who's probably black who believes in entitlements for everyone."

#30 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Pretty easy to define a liberal or conservative IMO......... No true conservative could ever support a Womans " choice" to have an abortion as a method of birth control. Or.........if you Really want to be honest and call a spade a spade......a womans choice to have someone murder her own baby.

If you support these actions then you are in no way a conservative,.....period.
How many folks in this room support the law concerning abortion?

How many dont?

Simple as that.
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

#31 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Wait a darn second. You left out the only "guy who's probably black who believes in entitlements for everyone."

Oh, come on. You're the wackiest lib of them all. 79 will be happier if you just admit it.

#32 pcf

pcf

Dutch Meyer

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,592 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Just curious. How is a conservative 'redefined' here? At least you admit you are a liberal. Seriously, I can respect that. But I can't respect those who run and hide from it.

Gold, god, guns, and paranoia are the markers of the tribal boundary.

#33 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Just curious. How is a conservative 'redefined' here? ...

Posted Image
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#34 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

paranoia are the markers of the tribal boundary.

Wait........you mean like OFAILURES new TRUTH commission? :laugh:
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

#35 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Pretty easy to define a liberal or conservative IMO......... No true conservative could ever support a Womans " choice" to have an abortion as a method of birth control. Or.........if you Really want to be honest and call a spade a spade......a womans choice to have someone murder her own baby.

If you support these actions then you are in no way a conservative,.....period.
How many folks in this room support the law concerning abortion?

How many dont?

Simple as that.

Aw, dammit. Now I'm a conservative. Well that sucks.

#36 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Aw, dammit. Now I'm a conservative. Well that sucks.

No it doesnt. Welcome aboard! :wink:

Thomas Jefferson

#37 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Posted Image

Hey, they were talking about Vlad the Impaler on Pawn Stars last night. He's thought to be the inspiration behind the Dracula character. Someone was selling an autographed copy of Bram Stocker's Dracula, but it wasn't a first edition.

#38 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hey, they were talking about Vlad the Impaler on Pawn Stars last night. He's thought to be the inspiration behind the Dracula character. Someone was selling an autographed copy of Bram Stocker's Dracula, but it wasn't a first edition.

An English prof here, recently retired, is a world authority on Stocker and Dracula.

Posted Image

#39 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Ole Vlad wasnt nearly right wing enuff IMO. :tongue:

Thomas Jefferson

#40 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

No it doesnt. Welcome aboard! :wink:

Cool. I'll assume that you support me in being anti-death penalty, pro-Planned Parenthood and recognizing societal privilege since we're on the same team now and you decided only one litmus test matters.

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users