253 replies to this topic

#241 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Correction: FF does not demand respect. She has earned respect. She very rarely corrects anyone in the behavioral sense even in some instances where I think she should. But when she has I can't say I've ever seen her correct someone wrongly. She even corrected me once about an important issue, and guess what? She was dead on, 100% correct.

An adult listens to deserved correction. A less-than-mature person takes the routes of denial and pushback.

Just sayin'.

You lecturing me, or anyone else, about respect and denial is beyond absurd. Wow.
“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

#242 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

You lecturing me, or anyone else, about respect and denial is beyond absurd. Wow.

Sic stat.

Not to be disrespectful, or anything, but anyone with a smidgeon of reading comprehension will note that I didn't "lecture you about respect and denial." I lectured you on FF's moderation history and on how adults act.

Just another part and parcel of how poorly you reason in any manner w.r.t. what's correct.
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#243 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Sic stat.

Not to be disrespectful, or anything, but anyone with a smidgeon of reading comprehension will note that I didn't "lecture you about respect and denial." I lectured you on FF's moderation history and on how adults act.

Your fundamental assumption is wrong, as usual, in this case. FF may have earned your dubious respect but among the fair-minded folks I am in contact with here she is pretty universally not respected at all, unfortunately. So nice try but next time try to get your core assumptions correct so as not to attempt another wrong-headed, condescending lecture that just makes you look foolish.
“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

#244 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Your fundamental assumption is wrong, as usual, in this case. FF may have earned your dubious respect but among the fair-minded folks I am in contact with here she is pretty universally not respected at all, unfortunately. So nice try but next time try to get your core assumptions correct so as not to attempt another wrong-headed, condescending lecture that just makes you look foolish.

Are you over 20?

BTW: Weren't you the paranoiac who was accusing people of PM'ing about you without a trace if evidence? Trust me: no one is.

OTOH maybe __'s 3rd PM (post # 23 on the PM thread) about you was pretty funny. Who would have guessed that about you? :biggrin:
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#245 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Are you over 20?

BTW: Weren't you the paranoiac who was accusing people of PM'ing about you without a trace if evidence? Trust me: no one is.

OTOH maybe __'s 3rd PM (post # 23 on the PM thread) about you was pretty funny. Who would have guessed that about you? :biggrin:

What 'PM thread' are you talking about? I don't read many threads here other than the global warming threads. My main entertainment is watching you and Duqie make fools out of yourselves by posting things you can't back up and then getting called out on it by me and having no answer. Then there are your delusions about such things as medicine not being science, etc. Quite fun to watch you hang yourself with stupid comments, statistical incompetence, ignorance of the greenhouse gas signatures, etc. You are just a fountain of misinformation and incompetence, at least in the scientific realm - but boy is it fun to watch. ;)

#246 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

What 'PM thread' are you talking about? I don't read many threads here other than the global warming threads. My main entertainment is watching you and Duqie make fools out of yourselves by posting things you can't back up and then getting called out on it by me and having no answer. Then there are your delusions about such things as medicine not being science, etc. Quite fun to watch you hang yourself with stupid comments, statistical incompetence, ignorance of the greenhouse gas signatures, etc. You are just a fountain of misinformation and incompetence, at least in the scientific realm - but boy is it fun to watch. ;)

Are you 19?

Posted Image

#247 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Are you 19?

Still can't refute facts, eh? Are you 12? On drugs? BTW, what were you high on when you tried to compute confidence intervals on autocorrelated data and then inexplicably annointed yourself an expert on statistics? Must have been some good [Craig James].

I gather from prior posts, when you were trying to rehabilitate your image after I exposed your statistical incompetence for all here to see, that you are a teacher of some sort. I sincerely hope for your students' sake that you do not teach statistics or science. If so then God help them.

#248 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Can't refute facts, eh? Are you 12? On drugs?

Are you 18?

Posted Image

#249 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

Are you 18?

Proving once again that you are quite the numbers maven, lol.

#250 RSF

RSF

Semi-Omnipotent Being

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,923 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

IOW, Burf, fnfree, whiskey....

Definition of 'fair-minded' being we all think alike because we share the same brain......
Words to live by......an ongoing concern......

Vulgarity is like art - everybody thinks they know what it is, yet nobody can agree on what it is.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...no matter how off-base it is.

#251 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

IOW, Burf, fnfree, whiskey....

Definition of 'fair-minded' being we all think alike because we share the same brain......

Said the sad little parrot. :wink:
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

#252 purpledawg

purpledawg

Dick O'Neal

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

FF may have earned your dubious respect but among the fair-minded folks I am in contact with here she is pretty universally not respected at all, unfortunately.

She's earned my "dubious" respect, too. BTW, can you please name these "fair-minded folks" who are so disrespectful of the lady?
You seem like a very angry person. Is that true?

#253 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

LOL, sounds like a certain group of intolerant, mind-numbed liberals here. (I'll leave it for you to decide if you are part of the elitist, brain-sharing club).

#254 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

Said the sad little parrot. :wink:

Rather ironic, isn't it? The psychologists call it 'projection'. Liberals are obviously very good at projection. ;)

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users