253 replies to this topic

#101 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

If you need a 'primary scientific literature' to know what global climate alarmism is then you really are beyond help on this subject. I'm guessing you are not aware that the peer review process is pretty worthless anyway, esp. now that the climategate emails documented that it was being used to silence opposition to The Cause.

It is certainly worthless to your cause. Those of us who dispassionately study research without a cause care about actual published data that has been verified by thousands of independent scientists.
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
--Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons

#102 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

If you think Newsweek is in any way representative of legitimate scientific consensus then you really are beyond help on this subject.

Show me where I said that. Oh, you can't. Big surprise. More to the point, if you knew anything about science you would know that it is not done by 'consensus' anyway. Were you even around in the 70's? Just curious.
“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

#103 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

If you need a 'primary scientific literature' to know what global climate alarmism is then you really are beyond help on this subject. I'm guessing you are not aware that the peer review process is pretty worthless anyway, esp. now that the climategate emails documented that it was being used to silence opposition to The Cause.

That darn conspiracy. Amazingly successful though. Makes Lenin/Trotsky/etc. look like pikers.

Uh Frisky...a little musical hint!...

"Someone is waiting just for you
Spinning wheel, Spinning true
Drop all your troubles by the riverside
Catch a painted pony on the spinning wheel ride
"

The circle never ends either.
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#104 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

Show me where I said that. Oh, you can't. Big surprise. More to the point, if you knew anything about science you would know that it is not done by 'consensus' anyway. Were you even around in the 70's? Just curious.

Do you even read what you write? I swear it's like talking to an autistic monkey.

Yes, I was around in the 70s, which has zero to do with anything.

#105 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

It is certainly worthless to your cause. Those of us who dispassionately study research without a cause care about actual published data that has been verified by thousands of independent scientists.

Like the 31,487 scientists who think AGW is bunk:

http://www.petitionproject.org/

This is vs. the handful who wrote the IPCC nonsense that you see as 'dispassionate'.

“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

#106 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Do you even read what you write? I swear it's like talking to an autistic monkey.

Yes, I was around in the 70s, which has zero to do with anything.

Like I said. I had no idea how old you are. I was curious. Is that a crime? You libs need to lighten up a bit, lol.

Now, about your nonsensical 'consensus'. What does a 'consensus' prove?

#107 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

This is vs. the handful who wrote the IPCC nonsense that you see as 'dispassionate'.

Good lord, you're back to that again! :biggrin:
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#108 Duquesne Frog

Duquesne Frog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,100 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

The primary scientific literature like a single paper written by a guy who got kicked off wiki for dishonest scientific practices? Yeah, that's got a lot of credibility.

Again, a refutation of said 'guy' given the open literature should be simple. Said guy went out of his way to collect every reference he could find in the open literature about "global cooling."

And the guy was booted from wiki for lack of etiquette, not for dishonesty.
Worse? How can things get any worse?!?! Take a look around! We're standing at the threshold of hell!

The food you love, the time you deserve® ...

#109 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

And the guy was booted from wiki for lack of etiquette, not for dishonesty.

No, he wasn't. He was booted for heavy-handed censorship of anything he disagreed with.

#110 Duquesne Frog

Duquesne Frog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,100 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

You are kidding, right? Please tell me you are kidding.
Worse? How can things get any worse?!?! Take a look around! We're standing at the threshold of hell!

#111 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

31K scientists who disagree with the AGW nonsense is no joke. Four scientists, I believe, wrote the majority of the IPCC policy summary.

#112 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

No. He's serious. He returns to it every 4-6 weeks.

Round about the cauldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.

Toad, that under cold stone

Days and nights has thirty-one

Posted Image

#113 RSF

RSF

Semi-Omnipotent Being

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,923 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

The Godwin's Law of global warming threads.......
Words to live by......an ongoing concern......

Vulgarity is like art - everybody thinks they know what it is, yet nobody can agree on what it is.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...no matter how off-base it is.

#114 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

No. He's serious. He returns to it every 4-6 weeks.

Too bad you can't refute it. I asked you to try earlier but of course you could not.

#115 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

31K scientists who disagree with the AGW nonsense is no joke. Four scientists, I believe, wrote the majority of the IPCC policy summary.

Morris "wrote the majority" of the Constitution.

Damned nonsense it is too.

Posted Image

#116 Duquesne Frog

Duquesne Frog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,100 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Have you signed the petition? You can. Here it is: http://www.petitionp...W_Petition.pdf.

How many different papers were referenced in the IPCC. How many scientists wrote the individual sections or contributed substantially? How many then edited and reviewed each section cumulatively?

The IPCC reports arguably amount to the most broadly written summary of the state of a science that has ever been written. With substantially more rigor than a pdf with a highly interpretable statement signed by 31,000 random people. By all means, please sign the statement. Your qualifications should be plenty.

#117 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Morris "wrote the majority" of the Constitution.

Damned nonsense it is too.

Equating an honorable document like our Constitution with the odious IPCC propaganda document is beyond delusional. At least our founding fathers did not have to claim some sort of "consensus" to get us to follow them - haha.

#118 RSF

RSF

Semi-Omnipotent Being

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,923 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Your qualifications should be plenty.

hell, my qualifications are plenty.

Maybe I've already signed it...........
Words to live by......an ongoing concern......

Vulgarity is like art - everybody thinks they know what it is, yet nobody can agree on what it is.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...no matter how off-base it is.

#119 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

... At least our founding fathers did not have to claim some sort of "consensus"...

Do you actually read what you type?

Posted Image

#120 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

. By all means, please sign the statement. Your qualifications should be plenty.

He can tell them he read Newsweek in the 70s...

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users