#1 TopFrog

TopFrog

• Tier 1
  • 90,467 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

FWST: Texas, Texas Tech look at Pac-16 option as ACC expands

By Jimmy Burch
jburch@star-telegram.com

The Big 12's tenuous future took another hit Sunday, when ACC Commissioner John Swofford announced the additions of Pittsburgh and Syracuse, a move that is expected to open the door to widespread conference realignment and could send a four-team collection of Big 12 schools to the Pac-12.

Because Pitt and Syracuse are current members of the Big East, the league that TCU will join next season, TCU's future conference home could become a tenuous place -- just like the Big 12 -- if more realignment unfolds, as expected, later this week.

In announcing the ACC additions, Swofford said he is "not philosophically opposed" to increasing membership to 16 schools but noted that it would be "preferable" but not mandatory to continue adding schools located in the Eastern time zone.

The ACC's expressed preference for more East Coast teams, combined with some creative expansion plans placed on the table by Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott, caused Texas officials to begin looking strongly Sunday at joining Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech in what would become the Pac-16 -- a move that almost happened last summer.

TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte reiterated Sunday that the school is confident about its future, despite the upheaval. He said TCU is in continuing conversations with athletic directors, commissioners, chancellors and presidents across the country. ...

10003422_644953688892109_1998507527_n.jp

Hey, Dutch! I brought my skates!

"For all of you who think it's always about wins and losses - wrong." -- Gary Patterson

#2 JimSwinkLives!

JimSwinkLives!

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Interests:Football, NCAA, law, movies, civil war history

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:47 AM

We're just monitoring????

Posted Image

#3 2themax

2themax

Jim Wacker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
  • Interests:TCU football & band

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

This is jacked up, but TT's dismal academia rep may save the Big 12 by way of rejection from the other conferences. It's at least troubling for both ACC & PAC. Not to mention they will inherit our resident idiot troll, Rainbows. A hard pill for anyone to swallow.

#4 FROGDADDY

FROGDADDY

Jim Swink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,762 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:13 AM

We're just monitoring????

CDC's choice of words has been a bit odd. Worried me at first, but then I started wondering whether or not they were carefully chosen words. Almost as if he's going out of his way to appear as if he's being low key. Perhaps I'm trying too hard here.
I am faster than 80% of all snakes. - Dwight Schrute

#5 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

I would be amazed if he was just 'monitoring' and waiting to react. I have to believe that he is being very proactive - at least I hope so.
“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

#6 HFrog1999 (OldFreakNasty)

HFrog1999 (OldFreakNasty)

Ki Aldrich

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

Posted Image

#7 hometown frog

hometown frog

WC NIX III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts
  • Interests:TCU Football

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

CDC has been money for us since he's been here. (Literally money!!). I'm not sure I'd begin to lose faith in him right now. Between he and VicBo, I think we are in VERY good hands. (This isn't the asleep at the wheel group we had back in 1994.)
“I reckon I can throw a little,” Baugh replied.

“Show me,” Flaherty said. “Hit that receiver in the eye.”

To which Baugh supposedly responded, “Which eye?”

Horned Frog Pride!!!

#8 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Eugene "Goo" Kennedy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

"We're just monitoring and making sure TCU is put in the best position possible," he said. "What's concerning to me today, like anyone in my position, is what's happening across the college landscape."

:unsure:

#9 tcuseagull

tcuseagull

Steve Stamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

Something tells me CDC knows what he's doing and that we should be confident TCU will land in an AQ conference. He is not one to sit idle, and he even said they are in talks with several power players. I'm still confident that we can land in either the PAC or the SEC, depending on how everything plays out.

KillerFrogs Gear

Directory

Yogi's Bagel Cafe

Voted Best Breakfast in Fort Worth, TX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users