• 3,795 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:39 AM

http://www.college-s...-advantage.com/

Featured Athlete

Mitchell Piasecki, Football

Position: Full Back / Tight End

2011 High School Graduate

Home Town: Winnipeg, MB. Interested NCAA Universities:
# 4 Ranked TCU, Syracuse, Cal-Berkley, Iowa State, UCLA, UConn (University of Connecticut), University of Minnesota, and many more!

Position: Place Kicker / Punter

Interesting I had not heard we were looking into the canadian market.

#2 West Coast Johnny

West Coast Johnny

Kenneth Davis

• 9,049 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

Don't forget about Travis Eman, a Canadian who played QB in New York state. He supposedly got an offer from TCU. He's the Sasquach of HS quarterbacks - I'm not sure either really exist.

Read my new book - Tribes of Love and Hate - Click Here to buy.   http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MT2EC6A

51BGJmrkphL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

#3 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(frogbyproxy @ Jul 14 2010, 10:09 AM) View Post
http://www.college-s...-advantage.com/

Featured Athlete

Position: Full Back / Tight End

2011 High School Graduate

Home Town: Winnipeg, MB. Interested NCAA Universities:
# 4 Ranked TCU, Syracuse, Cal-Berkley, Iowa State, UCLA, UConn (University of Connecticut), University of Minnesota, and many more!

Position: Place Kicker / Punter

Interesting I had not heard we were looking into the canadian market.

There is some high school and college football in Canada, but it's pretty small. They play Canadian rules at the hs level as well, so passing is more of a necessity (only three downs and a much bigger field). Not too many ever get to D1 that I've heard of.

Same with baseball, but once in a while there's a phenom or something close to that level...Rich Harden, for example. Jeff Zimmerman who played at TCU was also pretty good for a while some years ago with a just over 3 ERA for the Rangers.
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#4 FeistyFrog

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

• Feisty
  • 29,505 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

eh.

gse_multipart27273.jpg
We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those
responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked
have been sacked.

We are all sailboats on the river of life, and money is the wind. With enough money you can get blown anywhere.

#5 BABYFACE

BABYFACE

Darrell Lester

• 13,154 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jul 14 2010, 10:28 AM) View Post
eh.

Eh, like take off hoser.

#6 PurpleBlood87

PurpleBlood87

Darrell Lester

• 14,654 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(NewfoundlandFrog @ Jul 14 2010, 10:03 AM) View Post
There is some high school and college football in Canada, but it's pretty small. They play Canadian rules at the hs level as well, so passing is more of a necessity (only three downs and a much bigger field). Not too many ever get to D1 that I've heard of.

Same with baseball, but once in a while there's a phenom or something close to that level...Rich Harden, for example. Jeff Zimmerman who played at TCU was also pretty good for a while some years ago with a just over 3 ERA for the Rangers.

Jason Bay, Russell Martin, Justin Morneau and Joey Votto are all from Canada.

"Adios, ( shame on me )" --- Texas Governor Rick Perry, June 2005

"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer" --- General George S. Patton

"I wish to have no connection with any Boat that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way" --- Admiral John Paul Jones.

Posted Image

#7 oldscribe

oldscribe

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,210 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jul 14 2010, 10:28 AM) View Post
eh.

And then there's Canadian Club. And did anyone notice....Piasecki sounds more like a helicopter. rolleyes.gif

#8 frogbyproxy

frogbyproxy

Mike Renfro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

If there are good players in Canada I'm pretty sure we would go after them. But my biggest question "are we really going after these kids or is this a company taking money from the families and not producing what they are saying". If so I think TCU would be interested in getting rid of companies like this. "false advertisement".

#9 frogbyproxy

frogbyproxy

Mike Renfro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:58 AM

Needless to say I brought up Mitchell a couple of months ago. I wondered if it was true we were after the kid or if this was another way to make money off recruiting kids. It seems the service did a disservice to him and he ended up as a walk on for Syracuse. I hope the NCAA does make changes in recruiting getting rid of street agents and businesses like this one promising scholarships just to make a buck.

http://www.nunesmagi...tchell-piasecki

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users