1. GP isn't leaving after this year just because things got tough. He has told us all along that it was going to take time. It would be a chicken [Craig James] move to leave when things got tough, and he isn't a chicken [Craig James] man.
2. The last 2 years some pretty ridiculous things have happened that has sabotaged both seasons. You can say the drug bust was his fault and he should have been watching their every move, blah blah blah. The man can't watch damn near 100 18-21 year old kids 24 hours a day. The injury casualties have also been way worse than most schools ever have to deal with. Yes, every team has to deal with injuries. Not many have had to deal with what we have the last 2 years. It is what it is, and he has to play with who he has. But let's not pretend that between the two, it hasn't impacted both seasons TREMENDOUSLY.
3. In the last 2 years, I believe we have had TWO games total that we legitimately weren't in the 4th quarter with almost all of them being a 1 possession game. K-State last year, and UT this year. I may be wrong on that, but I am pretty sure that is correct. It's not like we are Baylor from a few years ago and people are just beating the brakes off of us. We are a lot closer to being a good team, then we are to being the TCU of a few decades ago and just getting monkey stomped every game. Mind sound homerish, but I truly believe that. We are an OC and some growing up/recruiting on the OL of being right back in the thick of this Big 12 hunt year in and year out. We obviously need to find an OC for next year, but a guy can come in and do wonders for an offense in the offseason (see LSU).
4. It literally doesn't matter who Gary throws out there on defense. Year after year after year. Between all the injuries and suspensions and players leaving the last 2 years, we have had the best defense in the league both years. I believe it was the best in the league last year, and I believe it is the best in the Big 12 this year, but the offensive woes this year have obviously hurt the numbers. Our offense has literally spotted the other team 7-14 points EVERY game. You hardly ever see an offense drive the field for us and get six. All we need to get right back to where we were is an OC and somebody to step up/recruits on the OL.
In other words, sack up and stopped acting like the damn world is coming to an end. So we have had 2 pedestrian seasons in a row. It happens, teams and programs can rebound. If any of you expected us to come in and win the Big 12 every year without any bumps along the road, then put down the crack pipe. Just show up to the games when you can and support the team. Give the man a little time to fix this boat, he hasn't really been dealing with ideal situations the last 2 years. So the man says some stuff in his pressers in the heat of the moment that you don't agree with. Tough boat, the guy hasn't changed since came to TCU and more than likely never will. When GP stops wanting perfection, that means he has checked out. If 5 years from now we are in the same boat, then I will be the first in line crying like a bunch of damn women with the rest of you. Until that happens, quit acting like a bunch of hens clucking on The View and give the man a little credit and time to fix this.
- FrogFrog, steelfrog, OldSchoolFrog and 18 others like this