GoFrogs: TCU Women Fall at Oklahoma State
STILLWATER, Oklahoma -- The TCU women's basketball team went cold in the middle quarters, Oklahoma State couldn't miss all night, and the Cowgirls won, 88-70, on Wednesday night inside Gallagher-Iba Arena.
TCU (12-13, 4-10) led after the first quarter, but struggled offensively in the second and third as Oklahoma State (14-11, 4-10) began to build a lead. The Cowgirls maintained that lead throughout the second half by shooting over 70 percent in the final 20 minutes and 60 percent (33-of-55) overall.
Kaylee Jensen led TCU with 32 points and 15 rebounds while Diana Omozee adding 16 points.
Despite cold shooting in the second and third quarters, TCU was within eight points, 51-43, with 5:12 to go in the third quarter.
However, from there TCU made just 1-of-7 shots as OSU closed the quarter on a 15-2 run. The Cowgirls were 5-of-8 in that span and led by 21, 66-45, after the third quarter.
TCU hit 10-of-17 in the fourth quarter, but never got closer than 16 points as the Cowgirls hit 9-of-12 in the final frame.
Stat of the Game
20 -- With her 23 points, AJ Alix went over 20 points for the fourth straight game. She became the first Frog to do so since Sandora Irvin in 2004-05.
The Frogs return home to host Kansas State on Saturday at 3 p.m. It will be TCU's annual Play4Kay game as the Frogs will wear pink uniforms and help raise awareness in the fight against women's cancers.
TCU will auction off those jerseys after the game with proceeds going to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. The Frogs will also give away pink Play4Kay shirts to the first 1,000 fans at Schollmaier Arena.
TCU Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
TCU (12-13, 4-10) at Oklahoma State (14-11, 4-10) – Gallagher-Iba Arena
Final: Oklahoma State 88, TCU 70
* TCU hit 9-of-15 from the free throw line for 60.0 percent, breaking a streak of 12 straight games at 70.0 percent or better.
* TCU made 9-of-23 from 3-point range (39.1 percent). The Frogs have made at least seven 3-pointers in 20 of 25 games this season.
* Oklahoma State now leads the all-time series, 9-5, with a 6-4 advantage since TCU joined the Big 12 in 2012-13. TCU is 1-7 in Stillwater.
* Oklahoma State’s 26 second-quarter points were tied for the most allowed by TCU in that quarter this season. The Cowgirls also scored 26 in the third quarter.
* TCU used the same starting lineup for the fourth straight game (AJ Alix, Toree Thompson, Jada Butts, Kianna Ray and Jordan Moore). That lineup is now 5-2 this season.
* AJ Alix finished with 23 points, her fourth straight 20-point game. She is the first Frog with four straight 20-point games since Sandora Irvin did so in January 2005.
* Alix has scored 20-plus in eight games this season and in 12 in her career.
* Alix finished with three 3-pointers, her 14th game this season with at least three 3-pointers.
* Toree Thompson finished with 17 points, tying her TCU career-high. It was her eighth double-figure scoring game this season with seven coming in Big 12 play. Thompson hit 7-of-11 shots, including 3-of-6 from deep.
* Thompson is averaging 9.6 points per game in Big 12 play after scoring just 3.7 per game in nonconference play.
* Jada Butts finished with 10 points and scored in double figures for the fifth straight game. It was her 14th double-figure scoring game this season and the 33rd of her career.