396 replies to this topic

#21 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

Saying abortion is ok is one thing. Voting for it is another altogether.

Didn't realize that Obama was on the Supreme Court in 1973...
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
--Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons

#22 fnfreebird

fnfreebird

Dick O'Neal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts
  • Interests:Science, Education, Scuba Sports, Boating, fishing, planning.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

Voting for and, In fact, pushing that agenda.

Posted Image

Just a microcosm of the fantasy of the left and the ends they'll go to to make it seem real!" "The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance." Albert
And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words. (Dan. 7 v.8)

#23 The Uniballer

The Uniballer

Darrell Lester

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

What about campaigning for a candidate who will vote for it?

#24 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

I'm confused because you said it doesn't matter what a man says, it's what a man DOES and yet infanticide isn't something you claim Obama has done. So it is an odd argument in this case. For the record I think it matters both what people say and do.

Your confused because you arent THINKING, or being purposely obtuse. One or the other, I dont really care which to be honest.

Let me just PLAY ALONG and spell it our for you........By him VOTING FOR infanticide,.....THAT action IS DOING SOMETHING. Is it not? Its what he DID. Then again, you already KNEW that....:biggrin: There, was that fun? The little WORD GAME you just played? Was it enjoyable?
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

#25 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

Were talking about infanticide. Maybe you didnt know,.....doesnt surprise me to be honest. Let me help you...........Infanticide is a seperate issue all together from plain old run of the mill abortion, " which is WRONG TOO"

Infanticide is when a baby that is being aborted manages to LIVE ANYWAY. When infanticide comes in is when that baby who lived through the attempted abortion is to be put aside , alone on a table, and left to DIE. THAT is what infanticide is.........and THAT is what OBAMA voted for.

Hope this helps.....
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

#26 fnfreebird

fnfreebird

Dick O'Neal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

How hollow hearted is that.

Need another history lesson?

Obama voted against a bill that would require physicians to try to save the lives of botched abortions, if the baby survived.

He did not care what stage the baby is in, if the mother chooses to kill it.

If the baby did survive, he voted to allow physicians to ignore it and let it die.
Posted Image

Just a microcosm of the fantasy of the left and the ends they'll go to to make it seem real!" "The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance." Albert
And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words. (Dan. 7 v.8)

#27 KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

The issues notwithstanding, I find Santorum's strategy interesting. Really he seems to be swinging for the fences here getting into polarizing issues he really doesn't need to, at least not yet. He's basically tied with Romney and Romney is the one under scrutiny of whether he campaign could suffer a fatal blow with a loss in Michigan. Why deflect the attention away from Romney onto himself? Yeah, maybe if he was losing steam and had nothing to lose, I can see wading into some of the social crap. But all he needed to do was pound on keep the heat on Romney with mainly an economic message and see how the next few contests go.

TCU's original spread offense

---------------------------------------
"I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon."

"I wish I liked anything as much as my kids like bubbles."

#28 Spike

Spike

Kenneth Davis

• 9,045 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

Legislating from the bench is another story altogether.

Are you saying that President Obama has had absolutely no say so in pushing the pro choice agenda and keeping that the law of the land?
Remember the 5!

#29 The Uniballer

The Uniballer

Darrell Lester

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

The issues notwithstanding, I find Santorum's strategy interesting. Really he seems to be swinging for the fences here getting into polarizing issues he really doesn't need to, at least not yet. He's basically tied with Romney and Romney is the one under scrutiny of whether he campaign could suffer a fatal blow with a loss in Michigan. Why deflect the attention away from Romney onto himself? Yeah, maybe if he was losing steam and had nothing to lose, I can see wading into some of the social crap. But all he needed to do was pound on keep the heat on Romney with mainly an economic message and see how the next few contests go.

If I had to guess, I'd guess money. He has to have it to compete with Romney, and the only way for him to get it is to tacklet he social stuff.

#30 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

If I had to guess, I'd guess money. He has to have it to compete with Romney, and the only way for him to get it is to tacklet he social stuff.

Did you see he is running ads in Michigan asking dems to vote for him in order to defeat Romney? Interesting strategy.
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#31 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

Legislating from the bench is another story altogether.

Are you saying that President Obama has had absolutely no say so in pushing the pro choice agenda and keeping that the law of the land?

Wont do any good...........she is playing little word games, its what people resort to when they dont have a leg to stand on. I find it frustrating and FUNNY as hell all at the same time to be honest.

Thomas Jefferson

#32 KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

That makes sense, although still, I would have waited until after Michigan, instead of before it. Allow Romney to hang himself, first kind of a strategy.

Regardless of the timing it is dangerous waters, though. The social stuff is a real good way to turn off the middle.

"I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon."

#33 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Obama has never tried to make himself out to be a die hard Christian.

For your own good you should probably withdraw this statement ASAP. I KNOW for a fact that I can pull up multiple statements made by Obama HIMSELF that would prove your statement 100% WRONG. of course..........NO WAY do I believe Obama really is a committed Christian...........just saying he has no problem lying about it. Again and again in fact.

Thomas Jefferson

#34 fnfreebird

fnfreebird

Dick O'Neal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

Did you see he is running ads in Michigan asking dems to vote for him in order to defeat Romney? Interesting strategy.

Sure nothing new..
Just people trying to trump up some flames for a news story.

#35 George F. Will

George F. Will

Ki Aldrich

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,866 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

IMO, Santorum's social strategy is going to push more moderates towards Romney. Which is ironic since I believe that people are holding out on Romney becuase they see his economic platform as being neo-Keynesian/monetarist and are hoping the anti-Romney vote will force him to adopt a Austrian/Keynesian monetary policy.
Low Taxes | Minimal Regulation | Stable Currency

#36 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

Wont do any good...........she is playing little word games, its what people resort to when they dont have a leg to stand on. I find it frustrating and FUNNY as hell all at the same time to be honest.

Why are you getting snarky? I respectfully asked for clarification on something you posted. I have repeatedly said that I am against abortion on here so what is this [Craig James] abou a leg to stand on? You guys make it impossible for anyone to support your side.

I disagree with Santorum on his view of contraception because I think access to contraception is a key to reducing abortion. I also disagree with his views on climate change, creation, same-sex rights and many other issues so I am not likely to vote for him over just the abortion issue.
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
--Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons

#37 fnfreebird

fnfreebird

Dick O'Neal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

That makes sense, although still, I would have waited until after Michigan, instead of before it. Allow Romney to hang himself, first kind of a strategy.

Regardless of the timing it is dangerous waters, though. The social stuff is a real good way to turn off the middle.

Yep! people get real uncomfortable in todays western society when they have to face the reality of morality.

Interesting turn of events isn't it. How do you suppose that came about....by accident??

#38 FinanceFrog

FinanceFrog

WC NIX III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,144 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

NO WAY do I believe Obama really is a committed Christian

what does it matter if obama is christian?
i walk on water every chance i get.

#39 Whisky Dude

Whisky Dude

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

what does it matter if obama is christian?

Ummm..........because HE HIMSELF said he was. Multiple times in fact. This would make our POTUS a terrible liar if he werent in fact a Christian. No?? :wink:

Thomas Jefferson

#40 KillerFrog InD KitchenSink

Kenneth Davis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Yep! people get real uncomfortable in todays western society when they have to face the reality of morality.

Interesting turn of events isn't it. How do you suppose that came about....by accident??

I have no doubt someone is telling him to go social, I just disagree with the strategy.

I'd be giving him this recipe:

1. Hit Obama on the economy.
2. Hit Obama on health care.
3. Hit Obama on the debt.
4. Compare Romney to Obama.
5. Repeat steps 1-4.

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users