#41 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_1276799.html

The bill -- which then passed the House 63 to 36 -- would require any woman seeking an abortion in the state to receive an ultrasound first. As an external ultrasound is not able to produce a necessary picture early in pregnancy, a trans-vaginal ultrasound would be needed to produce an image of the fetus or embryo.

Here's the attitude that makes me mad:
He noted he had a conversation with one GOP lawmaker regarding his amendment where the lawmaker had told him that women had already made the decision to be "vaginally penetrated when they got pregnant."

What business is it of these religious busybodies? There's a point where it is the state's business and there's a point where it is not. There's a point where we interfere in severe human rights situations around the world and there's situations where we wish them the best.

You seem to be implying that a vaginal ultrasound is a more unpleasant procedure than the 'standard' sonogram. In fact, it is not. The standard (transabdominal) sono requires an uncomfortably full bladder in order to be done correctly. Not so with the vaginal sono. Most (not all) women prefer the vaginal sono simply because of that.
“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

#42 The Uniballer

The Uniballer

Darrell Lester

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

My wildly uninformed opinion is that a very small number of abortions are performed where the biological father opposes the abortion.

#43 burford

burford

Kyle Clifton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,283 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

You seem to be implying that a vaginal ultrasound is a more unpleasant procedure than the 'standard' sonogram. In fact, it is not. The standard (transabdominal) sono requires a very uncomfortably full bladder in order to be done correctly. Not so with the vaginal sono. Most (not all) women prefer the vaginal sono simply because of that.

Dang, 79! How did you know about that? That technology is pretty much right up my alley?

#44 The Uniballer

The Uniballer

Darrell Lester

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

The perinatologist I just checked with said women (at least his patients) prefer abdominal ultrasounds.

#45 burford

burford

Kyle Clifton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,283 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

The perinatologist I just checked with said women (at least his patients) prefer abdominal ultrasounds.

Could be. Of course, I have employees that do about 40 of those a day and they seem to think the opposite. Oh, well, perception is in the eye of the feelie. :wink:

#46 pcf

pcf

Dutch Meyer

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,592 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Could be. Of course, I have employees that do about 40 of those a day and they seem to think the opposite. Oh, well, perception is in the eye of the feelie. :wink:

Strangely, you own a truck driving school...

I know, I know, it is just a joke.

The expert I contacted says the vaginal has more false positives. Thank you answers.com.

My wife was considered high risk and see had the ultrasounds monthly. It was abdominal and no big deal. I can't imagine why a woman would prefer the other.

#47 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

... I can't imagine why a woman would prefer the other.

A less than well endowed hubby?
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#48 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Perinatalogists don't do gynecologic ultrasound. Many have probably never even seen one done. So what does your accountant say?
“Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?”

-Alarmist researcher, Phil Jones, when asked to provide data to verify his apparently fraudulent global warming claims. Think these guys might have something to hide?

#49 Frog79

Frog79

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

Dang, 79! How did you know about that? That technology is pretty much right up my alley?

No kidding? Then you know it's true, despite what the libs here (likely none of whom have ever had a vaginal sono) say. Having a full bladder before and during the transabdominal exam is torture for most women.

#50 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

No kidding? Then you know it's true, despite what the libs here (likely none of whom have ever had a vaginal sono) say. Having a full bladder before and during the transabdominal exam is torture for most women.

Personally, I'm in favor of the women deciding about their own procedures rather than you or the govt doing it for them. But that's just me, I guess.
“... at night ... guarded by eighty sentinels ... Ernesto IV trembles in his room. All the doors fastened with ten bolts, and the adjoining rooms, above as well as below him, packed with soldiers... If a plank creaks in the floor, he snatches up his pistols and imagines there is a Liberal hiding under his bed. At once all the bells in the castle are set ringing ... the Minister of Police takes good care not to deny the existence of any conspiracy; on the contrary, alone with the Prince, and armed to the teeth, he inspects every corner of the rooms, looks under the beds, and, in a word, gives himself up to a whole heap of ridiculous actions worthy of an old woman." --Stendahl, The Charterhouse of Parma (1839)

Posted Image

#51 The Uniballer

The Uniballer

Darrell Lester

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Perinatalogists don't do gynecologic ultrasound. Many have probably never even seen one done. So what does your accountant say?

The perinatologist I spoke with does plenty of ultrasounds. No reason to be snarky and rude.

#52 The Uniballer

The Uniballer

Darrell Lester

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

How many vaginal sono's have you had?

#53 FriskyFrog

FriskyFrog

Bob Lilly

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,268 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

I was never given a vaginal sonogram with either pregnancy. Later in life I had two when I was having issues with ovarian cysts and endometriosis. I definitely did not prefer it that way.

Here's my deal. Since I am against abortion I am very bothered by the Chinese government having the power to force their people to have abortions after one child. I fear that if our government could forbid them they could also in theory mandate them. It's the same set of individual rights.
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
--Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons

#54 Duquesne Frog

Duquesne Frog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,100 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Did you ever think that might add to why so many dad's are missing in a kids life these days, sentencing them to almost a certain life of poverty, crime, incarceration, and broken homes? Society has told young men EXACTLY what you just said, that all you are good for is to squirt a little baby juice...then step back and let the woman run the show.

Moved the goalposts again ... the point was that the burden of pregnancy is entirely on the woman. It has always been that way, so I doubt that fact, which every father who is honest with himself knows, is responsible for the increase in absentee fathers and unwed mothers. Think the problem is a bit more complicated.

Just for arguement's sake:
Let's suppose Mrs. Newf Duq informed you, early in your marriage, and after she found out she was pregnant, that she wanted to abort Little Newf Duq because "I don't want to be pregnant during the hot summer", or "this is going to get in the way of our planned vacation this summer". Would you really have said "sure honey, whatever you want"?

Given the hypothetical, which is difficult given that in reality she's the more pro-life of the two of us, I'll try to role play and say that it would have very likely ended the marriage. It would have hurt me deeply and pissed me off, no doubt. Same if I found she was having an affair with another man. In neither case do I think her decision should be criminalized. Means we shouldn't have gotten married, and perhaps even that she is a sorry and amoral person. Doesn't mean she should be put in jail.
Worse? How can things get any worse?!?! Take a look around! We're standing at the threshold of hell!

The food you love, the time you deserve® ...

#55 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Moved the goalposts again ... the point was that the burden of pregnancy is entirely on the woman. It has always been that way, so I doubt that fact, which every father who is honest with himself knows, is responsible for the increase in absentee fathers and unwed mothers. Think the problem is a bit more complicated.

Given the hypothetical, which is difficult given that in reality she's the more pro-life of the two of us, I'll try to role play and say that it would have very likely ended the marriage. It would have hurt me deeply. Same if I found she was having an affair with another man. In neither case do I think her decision should be criminalized. Means we shouldn't have gotten married. Doesn't mean she should be put in jail.

To be fair to your wife here, given the hypothetical, it appears that you were the one having the affair. With an older woman no less.

Posted Image

#56 Duquesne Frog

Duquesne Frog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,100 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

To be fair to your wife here, given the hypothetical, it appears that you were the one having the affair. With an older woman no less.

This is what you get for making all those jokes about my friend's lost wedding ring ...
Worse? How can things get any worse?!?! Take a look around! We're standing at the threshold of hell!

The food you love, the time you deserve® ...

#57 NewfoundlandFrog

NewfoundlandFrog

Davey O'Brien

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

This is what you get for making all those jokes about my friend's lost wedding ring ...

Trust me on this...they were all gallows humor. Gallows I was once strung up on.

It's 11:39 and I am finally, at long last, caught up with grading this semester. Thank god for a three day break where I could concentrate on it.

Posted Image

#58 George F. Will

George F. Will

Ki Aldrich

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,866 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Whoops, good catch Frisky. Sorry about that Duq. Newf and I were bantering about on another thread and I forgot to whom I was responding.

I'm always the last to know...
Low Taxes | Minimal Regulation | Stable Currency

#59 burford

burford

Kyle Clifton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,283 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Strangely, you own a truck driving school...

I know, I know, it is just a joke.

The expert I contacted says the vaginal has more false positives. Thank you answers.com.

My wife was considered high risk and see had the ultrasounds monthly. It was abdominal and no big deal. I can't imagine why a woman would prefer the other.

The reality is that you should do both. Transab first and then follow with a transv. Anyone who does JUST a transv is asking for it.

#60 pcf

pcf

Dutch Meyer

• Member - Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,592 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

The reality is that you should do both. Transab first and then follow with a transv. Anyone who does JUST a transv is asking for it.

Why do either? If you're a religious person, you should save the money and just let the baby come as God made him, right?

KillerFrogs Gear

Directory

The Varsity

We were tired of searching for quality TCU products, so we decided to create place where fans like us could get these products, so The Varsity Fort Worth was born.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users