FWST: Leader of TCU interfraternity group arrested

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 Big Frog II

Big Frog II

Kenneth Davis

• 9,096 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

I have also heard that TCU students have removed the "Do not remove under penalty of law" tags off of their pillows. This is sure to be breaking news on Channel 5 tonight.
At TCU, we turn 2-star recruits into 4-star players.

#42 Johnny

Johnny

Jamie Dixon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

It was Sigma Chi, and happened the day after a raid. It's a shame, a bunch of really good guys just getting unlucky. I hope they don't get kicked off of campus from their nationals.

#43 Frogs On A Plane

Frogs On A Plane

Bob Lilly

• 18,314 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

It was Sigma Chi, and happened the day after a raid. It's a shame, a bunch of really good guys just getting unlucky. I hope they don't get kicked off of campus from their nationals.

Yeah. Nothing is more unlucky than getting caught dealing drugs and chasing people with blow torches.

#44 illini_frog

illini_frog

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Sigma Chi is far from the worst here at TCU, but to say they were "just getting unlucky" made me lol.

I never said we would beat them in points...I said we would beat them which we did in most statistical areas

#45 Johnny

Johnny

Jamie Dixon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Sigma Chi is far from the worst here at TCU, but to say they were "just getting unlucky" made me lol.

Yeah they did get unlucky actually, house parties are broken up every single weekend and 99.9% of the time the partygoers are just told to go home. These cops were out to get more students in trouble, they gave out 3 providing to minor and about 14 MIC's. So yeah, I would call that unlucky.

#46 MR. TCU (tcumaniac)

MR. TCU (tcumaniac)

Kyle Clifton

• 8,417 posts
  • Interests:TCU football, TCU Baseball, TCU Basketball, TCU Tennis, TCU girls, TCU apparel, TCU hats, and Chocolate labs

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

thanks for your wonderful insight illini

77096_10150092542835941_5180668_n.jpg

TCUMANIAC.png

#47 Johnny

Johnny

Jamie Dixon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

Also, all-knowing, who is "the worst?"

#48 Boykin4Prez

Boykin4Prez

Bob Lilly

• Tier 1
  • 20,082 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Was thinking the exact same thing. To be fair there are at least several frats that should receive sanctions.

2tzr.png

#49 illini_frog

illini_frog

Andy Dalton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yeah they did get unlucky actually, house parties are broken up every single weekend and 99.9% of the time the partygoers are just told to go home. These cops were out to get more students in trouble, they gave out 3 providing to minor and about 14 MIC's. So yeah, I would call that unlucky.

Valid point.

Bonner is right though (omg did I just say that?), they probably had it coming, but they did get unfairly singled out.

I never said we would beat them in points...I said we would beat them which we did in most statistical areas

#50 Johnny

Johnny

Jamie Dixon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Valid point.

Bonner is right though (omg did I just say that?), they probably had it coming, but they did get unfairly singled out.

Thank you, not saying that what they did was right, it just sucks to get caught for doing something that is done multiple times every single weekend. Still would like to hear your "worse" fraternities, and why.

#51 Sam Baugh

Sam Baugh

Jamie Dixon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Delta Tau Delta
Sig Ep

Fiji

Those three are the worst frats at TCU

#52 cdsfrog

cdsfrog

Jim Swink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,062 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Should have been smarter after all the crap that has just went down. Talk to my dad and step mom about this today. They will make an example of out him and Sigma Chi.

If this crap happens any other time, it wouldn't be a big deal. However, with all of the bad press for TCU they will act swiftly and boldly

rsz_1tcu_baylor_football_jams_ftw.jpg

#53 Boykin4Prez

Boykin4Prez

Bob Lilly

• Tier 1
  • 20,082 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Sig Ep? Pretty sure there are several ahead of them for worst frat...

2tzr.png

#54 Johnny

Johnny

Jamie Dixon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Should have been smarter after all the crap that has just went down. Talk to my dad and step mom about this today. They will make an example of out him and Sigma Chi.

If this crap happens any other time, it wouldn't be a big deal. However, with all of the bad press for TCU they will act swiftly and boldly

Dude, your parents sound really cool. It would be ridiculous for the school to take any serious action against a house party, there is numerous ones every weekend, hell even GDI's occassionaly have them.

#55 cdsfrog

cdsfrog

Jim Swink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,062 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Dude, your parents sound really cool. It would be ridiculous for the school to take any serious action against a house party, there is numerous ones every weekend, hell even GDI's occassionaly have them.

Both TCU professors. You wouldn't know that since you never post here, but thanks for the Bill Maher Bill Maher comment.

The house will have a sanction against it and he will be dealt slightly more severely. Like you said they agreed he just did what every frat house does. However he wasn't careful and got caught at the worst possible time for TCU.

Making an example doesnt mean expelling the guy, but he will be punished.

rsz_1tcu_baylor_football_jams_ftw.jpg

#56 Houston Frog

Houston Frog

Darrell Lester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,873 posts
  • Interests:TCU Football / Baseball / Basketball

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Sounds like someone got caught giving a guy the ol' Tarrant County Blow Torch
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself"
Posted Image

#57 TCURiggs

TCURiggs

Jim Swink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,102 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Sounds like someone got caught giving a guy the ol' Tarrant County Blow Torch

Hahaha

#58 Houston Frog

Houston Frog

Darrell Lester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,873 posts
  • Interests:TCU Football / Baseball / Basketball

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hahaha

When we were in school, the Sig Eps and Fijis were probably the most likely to have guys giving each other a Sacramento Bird Feeder
"If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself"
Posted Image

#59 Big Frog II

Big Frog II

Kenneth Davis

• 9,096 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Delta Tau Delta
Sig Ep

Fiji

Those three are the worst frats at TCU

And you are or were a ?

I know of which Fraternities are usually on double secret probation, and none of the three mentioned are them.
At TCU, we turn 2-star recruits into 4-star players.

#60 CGP

CGP

Jon Drummond

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Does anybody know whether the blow-torch incident was more shenanigan or actually malicious?

KillerFrogs Sponsor

Click here for 30% off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users